gazfun
Corporal

Strange result

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:09 pm

Why are there victories in these battles where 1 Russia has more casualties and retreated, and the other where Murat had no casualties and still lost the battle?
strange victory.PNG
strange victory.PNG (930.76 KiB) Viewed 5338 times

Strange result 2.PNG
Strange result 2.PNG (926.47 KiB) Viewed 5338 times

Durk

Re: Strange result

Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:48 am

Well, several reasons and perhaps other will have more.

The battle results have a wide range of outcomes. I always recommend using the replay and rerun the turn of 'odd' results a few times.

#2 Winners of the battle are not consonant with the side which inflicts the most casualties. Other factors like regional loyalty and overall unit cohesion also matter.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:44 am

I suppose this is a case of extreme luck in which the enemies' units simply missed all their shots??
Truly, some odds are not impossible..

However, Murat's Force did suffer some cohesion loss..

I see the "battle stance" is on assault but not sure what the "rules of engagement" was on. Maybe the French forces retreated but managed to inflict some hits while retreating? I am no expert I am just throwing some guesses out there...

Captain_Orso

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:16 pm

I answered about Wittgenstein and Blücher her: Strange combat results combat result

With Murat and zu Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen, Murat's force is small enough, that they could have broken off before a single shot was fired. But Murat's quality may have allowed him to remain for the start of the battle.

Since both sides are attacking, chance may have given initiative to zu Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen, in which case Murat's artillery may have played a large role in the forest. He has a large cavalry force, and may have had a lot of horse artillery, which will do better in restricted terrain that larger artillery.

So the results my have simply been luck and terrain with regards to losses.

At any rate, Murat's force took a lot of cohesion loss, although no hits, and was either forced into retreat through the cohesion loss, or Murat decided between round that from the cohesion loss, it was time to beat a hasty retreat, and withdrew.

Return to “Help improve WON”