Tyr
Corporal

1.03 Not awarding POW conscripts properly

Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:47 am

Title sums it up. Playing the Beta 1.03, I have not seen the prisoners taken during battle convert to conscript points. The battle AARs still show there is X prisoners expressed as X conscript points. For example: in the included saves, there was a battle with Massena and over 900 conscript points were to be added. Actual points was 67, the same amount of conscripts I add weekly via production values. The following turn, Napoleon smashed Karl. The battle AAR says 2713 conscript points.

I cannot attest to other players, but (particularly as France) I earn the vast majority of my conscripts via prisoner conscripts. There is no way to maintain the units without the conscript influx from battle. This is a game and deal breaker. I am cannot continue playing until this is fixed. Please review the save files and post an answer at your earliest convenience.

I would think more people might have mentioned this error; if so, I have not seen the thread. The other possibility is that Steam did some sort update overwrite of the patch; however, every time I boot the game, I see version Beta 1.03.
Attachments
Backup2.rar
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 228 times
Backup1.rar
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 233 times

Tyr
Corporal

Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:25 pm

Going to share a few screenshots. I hope this helps you narrow down the issue, and saves a little time digging through all of the save files. This is just one of the battles fought on that turn of the game.
[ATTACH]39151[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39152[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Battle 2.jpg
Battle 1.jpg

PhilThib

Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:23 am

Unless I am mistaken, where did you find that POW turn into conscript of your own side? I don't believe we ever implemented that kind of thing in any of our game (the only one I recall is in RUS, where a political option allows to conscript POWs, which is historical and understandable in the context of the Russian Civil War)

Tyr
Corporal

Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:44 am

I have always understood it to being converting POWs, (I figured) as some sort of repatriation, or foreign "conscription." The main reasoning behind that is that - by this date in the game, and after so many battles - France's conscripts would be closer to 10K; rather than barely over 100. I will rip out the beta patch, and see if I can post to you some screenshots of the old 1.02. There is also the disturbing fact of the conscript itemization: "Changes from city income: 0." This is not something that happens every turn, however, it should happen within 4 or 5 turns. So far, I have not seen it add any conscripts from anything besides draft/volunteers RGDs.

I know you guys are super busy with improving the game, and I give all of the Dev team high marks for amazing responsiveness and pro-activity. I will still suggest you that task someone on the staff to play the game were you can get further (immediate) confirmation. As I mentioned, this change from 1.02 to 1.03 makes it impossible to seriously play the game on an enjoyable level. Realism is very nice, and the micromanagement control/detail is incredibly intricate; however, it is a game to be enjoyed.

Return to “Help improve WON”