Tyr
Corporal

More Merchant Issues and EP loss. Fix this PLEASE

Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:38 am

OK, this is getting stupid. I have lost 8 French Merchant ships to an attack by a Brit fleet; the 8 ships cost 60 EP! Holy Mother of God this is crazy. I have mentioned this before - I understand the economic impact, but this is very disproportionate when weighted against only having 6 cities gives 1 EP per turn (each). Yet, the loss of 1 of those cites does not even remotely come close to the loss of a single merchant ship (which appears to be 7.5 per ship). This is only part of the issue, the major issue is the tag: "Unit name is permanently fixed in the region (but will be unfixed if attacked). Now, why is it that the fleet that has been attacked 4 times already is still "fixed? The tag needs to be changed to: "Unit name is permanently fixed in the region (but will remain fixed in placed until totally destroyed by enemy action. There is nothing you can do to avoid this!)

PhilThib

Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:32 am

Do you have a save of the turn when this loss happens?

Tyr
Corporal

Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:28 am

Phil,

I sent you 3 turns worth of my game in the Period of peace thread. If you run a few turns of that game, I am sure that GB will hit some of the French Merchant fleets, kill a few ships, drain a crap load of EP, and the fleets will remain locked. Mind you, in the game files I have already sent you, there are a few fleets (as can be found from noting the damage already, if you mouse over them & inspect) have been hit and are still fixed in place.

Edit: Is it intended for the player to lose 7.5 EP per merchant ship sunk?

Tyr
Corporal

Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:31 am

Phil,

Here is a save file that has the French North Atlantic Trade Merchant Fleet attacked by a GBR fleet and sustaining a few hits. Please note that that Fleet remains fixed, with the above mentioned tag "Unit name is permanently fixed in the region (but will be unfixed if attacked). Well the fleet has been attacked, and is still fixed.

It should be noted that this file is patched to the Beta 1.03. I hope that helps.
Attachments
Backup1.rar
(706.95 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

Tyr
Corporal

Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:15 am

Here is a screenshot to provide faster "proof" of the bug and fleets/units not becoming unfixed.

[ATTACH]39156[/ATTACH]

This is the turn immediately after the merchant ships were attacked; therefore, by the tag of fix/unfixed, they remain fixed. As you can also see, I have marked the damage to the ships as further proof of their "if attacked" status.
Attachments
Merchant bug.jpg

Offworlder
General

Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Yes the EP loss is excessive especially for continental powers as they did not rely on their merchant navies. Maybe the Brits could take a bigger hit for merchant losses, though not at these levels as it would cripple her too.

Tyr
Corporal

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:12 pm

You raise an even more important connection with the EP loss. Powers that are saving up the 1000 EP to enact the military reforms would be particularly devastated. Admittedly, I am still awaiting answers to my 2 previous questions: Unfixing not working as labeled, and if the EP loss is intentional.

Tyr
Corporal

Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:43 pm

Still hoping for an answer on this issue and the second question "Is it intended for the player to lose 7.5 EP per merchant ship sunk?"

Return to “Help improve WON”