Pocus

Public beta patch for 1.03 version - June 7th

Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:51 am

Dear players,

Here is the new public beta patch for 1.03:

All inclusive and save compatible.

http://ftp.ageod.com/pub/WON/WONSetup_publicbeta103_June7.exe

Interface
Can now scroll all nations in the replacements screen.

AI
Satellite nations should give forces much more often.

Gameplay
fixed issue with duplicate elements names for units being recruited (can't do anything for duplicate in setups)

* DB Improvement

- added more historical flavor names to models
- added more Russian division types
- Factions fix to allow proper color display of foreing contingents
- Faction color fix to have lighter tooltips
- Fixed Historical attrition losses protection in cities (back to -30 vs -100)
- Fixed some missing or erroneous texts

* Scenarios

- Fixed Russo-Swedish frontier in Finland in all scenarios

* Events
- Fixed some RGD renewal issues for GBR
- Fixed events for Fall of London (should allow now peace talks between France and Britain)
- Fixed some National Modifiers (removed) for some nations (e.g. Overseas Bases removed from Austrian/Prussian list)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

picaron

Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:36 am

Can not be downloaded...

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

lodilefty

Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:08 pm

picaron wrote:Can not be downloaded...

OK now...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

picaron

Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:00 pm

:thumbsup:

Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Thank you so much for continuing to improve this magnificent game!

Philsavory
Sergeant

Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:01 pm

Great stuff and perfect timing, as I'm about to start a new campaign. Thanks again.

elxaime
General

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:02 pm

Playing as Ottomans in single player, I have noticed that under 1.03 there are now Timar garrison infantry in the force pool. However, in a PBEM started under an earlier version, but now patched to 1.03, they do not appear (that game is about ten weeks further along than the single player). Hence, although the patch is described as save compatible, it does not appear that the new force pool additions, at least for the Ottomans, are getting added to games in progress.

Tyr
Corporal

Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:22 am

Are these patches going to be applied to Steam purchasers? So far, it seems to me I am missing a few things (as I bought the Steam version). From what I gather from reading these forums and other places, there are supposed to be 8 scenarios; as a Steam purchase I only have 6 (there is no scroll down option at all).

Philsavory
Sergeant

Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:00 pm

Tyr wrote:Are these patches going to be applied to Steam purchasers? So far, it seems to me I am missing a few things (as I bought the Steam version). From what I gather from reading these forums and other places, there are supposed to be 8 scenarios; as a Steam purchase I only have 6 (there is no scroll down option at all).

You can apply the patches to the Steam version of the game, I've had no problems. I installed mine to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wars of Napoleon, for example. Just adjust the installation path accordingly to where your Steam folder is located. As long as the patch is installed to the 'Wars of Napoleon' folder (within Steam), you should be good to go.

Tyr
Corporal

Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:13 pm

I assume that "all inclusive" means that this patch also includes the patch information released in the April 18 update. If not, can we get a link to that patch.

Pocus

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:39 am

You always need to apply the latest official patch, from the launcher. Then beta patches are all-inclusives, between themselves

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Captain_Orso

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:30 am

Image that's not really English... well it is... those are English words.... but.... not... .... ;)

-- Rules For Installing Beta-Patches--
[INDENT]May also be used for non-beta installations, as applicable[/INDENT]

Do not install in to 'C:\Program Files' nor 'C:\Program Files (x86)'. It only leads to issues.

Create an installation location outside the official Windows folders.

I use 'c:\sbin\' for all programs I don't want directly under Windows control, or that do not use a Windows installation package, ie you just copy them into a folder. So for a WON beta installation it might use 'c:\sbin\Won 1.03 PB June07'.

You don't need to create the 'Won 1.03 PB June07' folder, the installer will do that for you, but you do need to first, manually create the 'sbin' folder--or whatever name you choose.

Install the base installation package--probably something like "NGC v1.00.exe"--into the folder you created in the above step.

Install the latest, official patch on top of that. This is mandatory, and not optional. Beta patches are always based on the latest, official patch level.

Lastly install the latest beta patch over the latest official patch. Never install one beta patch over another; always over the latest official patch.

[INDENT]On a side note, you my always install one official patch over another official path, but I'd suggest always doing a completely fresh installation just to be sure.[/INDENT]

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:32 am

Btw, Hannover forces never get into the extra replacement panel for the french : Once you annex Hannover, there is still no way to fill up the Junger and Horst Brigade.. Not a game breaker but still always frustrating.

Tyr
Corporal

Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:17 pm

I believe I read in another post that Steam gets the official patch when it is released. My version does show as 1.02, but I have no idea if I am using the unofficial beta. Not sure I want to risk mucking around with crap I do not understand to do a potentially broken beta. Not knocking the beta (those are good to get tested), I just lack the experience to undo any beta "damage" to my game files.

Pocus

Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:51 am

Tyr wrote:I believe I read in another post that Steam gets the official patch when it is released. My version does show as 1.02, but I have no idea if I am using the unofficial beta. Not sure I want to risk mucking around with crap I do not understand to do a potentially broken beta. Not knocking the beta (those are good to get tested), I just lack the experience to undo any beta "damage" to my game files.

At worse you reinstall, but yes I get it.

Hanover might not be part of the 'cooperative replacements tags' ... don't know if that's on purpose. PhilThib should know.

PhilThib

Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:55 am

WAD for non replacement of HAN tag. My decision is that those unit won't get replacement (HAN leave and go to KGL units, not to French oppressors). Just kill them when you create Westphalia to recover the assets and build WES units instead.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:20 am

PhilThib wrote:WAD for non replacement of HAN tag. My decision is that those unit won't get replacement (HAN leave and go to KGL units, not to French oppressors). Just kill them when you create Westphalia to recover the assets and build WES units instead.

Ok thanks, good to know. I suppose I would just simply have left the units out : There is nothing more frustrating than units that can't ever be filled up ! Now that I know at least I won't get frustrated. Thanks for the answer !

Tyr
Corporal

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:38 am

I am using Steam, and did install patch 1.03; however, I still see version 1.02 when I start the game. So I guess the new patch is not working for me. Is there any way to verify the patch version in use?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Tyr wrote:I am using Steam, and did install patch 1.03; however, I still see version 1.02 when I start the game. So I guess the new patch is not working for me. Is there any way to verify the patch version in use?

I have installed 1.03, and it shows as 1.03 when I start the game. I do not have steam, however.

Based on my experience with other Ageod games, if the correct patch number does not show up for you when you start the game, it is not properly installed, which can easily happen if it was installed in the wrong place.

I do not know how you would install this beta patch on steam, however. Maybe someone else does.

Pocus

Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:28 pm

Vaalen is right, the version number you see at startup or credits IS the version. If you still see 1.02, a problem happened. You can duplicate the game directory in another place and apply the patch onto that also.

Tyr
Corporal

Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:21 pm

I finally managed to get the beta 1.03 patch applied to Steam. You have to make a blood sacrifice to the Great Old Ones, but it seems to work so far.

If it helps other Steam users, here is how the you apply the patches.

Extract the patch, which should default to Steamapps\common\Wars of Napoleon\Matrix Games. Then cut all of the files from Matrix Games and paste them into the NGC folder with the copy and replace option for duplicate files. Then you will have to take the new NGC application from Matrix games and move that to the common\Wars of Napoleon folder, and use that application to execute the game.

jack03
Conscript

Re: Public beta patch for 1.03 version - June 7th

Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:35 pm

Anyone know where I can get a copy of Public beta patch 1.03? The link in this thread and everywhere else I've checked doesn't work anymore.

JoeyLego
Civilian

Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:27 am

I am also looking, hoping someone has a link to a saved copy in google drive/dropbox/mega etc

Durk

Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:24 am

JoeyLego and jack03 in your mail you will find a dropbox link to the update.
Please let me know when you have downloaded the file as I need to quickly empty this folder.

Nikel

Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:00 am

Ageod ftp is back online.

For those interested, this is the last patch that was made for WON.

http://ftp.ageod.com/pub/WON/WONSetup_p ... ry24th.exe

Return to “Help improve WON”