elxaime
General

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:33 am

RebelYell wrote:You have to make sure the last folder is \Wars of Napoleon.

I got it working. The problem is that the updater likes to put the update in the 32 bit program area instead of 64 bit. But given my long experience with the strange places AGEOD games get put on Windows 10, I figured it out!

RebelYell
General of the Army

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:48 am

elxaime wrote:I got it working. The problem is that the updater likes to put the update in the 32 bit program area instead of 64 bit. But given my long experience with the strange places AGEOD games get put on Windows 10, I figured it out!

I use 7 in my gaming rig still. :D

RebelYell
General of the Army

Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:32 am

In the Finnich scenario you need to get Hämeenlinna on the map, it was the target of the Russian offensive as Sveaborg was protecting the coastal road route to Turku.

Maybe replace Vanda region that is anyways in a funny place, so you have the axis of Sveaborg, Hämeenlinna, Tampere somehow represented in the map.
Maybe there should be major road connecting these three as there was a good road and waterways connecting them, the line of communication was good.
Hämeenlinna should have a atleast a depot lvl 2-4 in it, the fortifications there where no more relevant at this time but it was an major administrative and logistical hub.

Hämeenlinna should have terrain of wooded hills, they had a good defensive position there prepared on the hills and intended to fight there, again high command overruled this.
Tampere is also wooded hills, actually a lot of the terrain that is marked as marsh should be wooded hills, looking at what roads the troops would be using.

The map is limited but actually enough for this scenario, the Swedish generals wanted to fight just in these places that are in the map but where not allowed! :bonk:

This makes a very nice scenario where you have to conduct a slow fighting retreat using the troops in Finland to gain time for the relief to arrive from Sweden.
There is also the match up between the coastal fleets and the ocean going ones, also added the continuous threat of ambhibious landings along the Finnish coast to cut and control the LOC of the opponent.

RebelYell
General of the Army

Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:57 am

On the troops in the scenario, the Swedish and Finnish troops should be line and light infantry types with no war experience, some might have more training but generally vanilla line infantry types.
But the militia is too much IMO in the brigades as they will flee and route, this did not really happen, even Finnish civilians started attacking the Russians in the open!

Now the Swedish mainland troops might have lacked motivation coming from over the sea, but they seem to have mainly good troops in the scenario.

There has not been a single war historically where Finns have not had the needed motivation or skill to fight the Russians and where even large scale guerilla war was not fought by civilians.

Lemelem
Private

Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:05 am

[ATTACH]39041[/ATTACH]

erroneous decision
Attachments
erroneous.jpg

Ebbingford

Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:34 am

Sailors RGD fix missed the patch.
"Umbrellas will not be opened in the presence of the enemy." Duke of Wellington before the Battle of Waterloo, 1815.

"Top hats will not be worn in the Eighth Army" Field-Marshal Viscount Montgomery of Alamein K.G.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Hi all, in the new replacement chits screen, the scrolling up and down buttons don't seem to work which means that once one as the french has captured some austrian and russian arty units + gotten the big bavarian exp force, the smaller allied replacements (poland for example) get pushed beyond the screen and can't be reached anymore.

Oh and btw, the jingler and Horst brigade still can't seem to be replenishable even after one has annexed hannover : you get on arty batterie per unit, but they stay with only one infantry element.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:36 pm

One other thing, the build issue for the AI remains. I started a game with the latest beta patch and am now in turn 22. Looking a some allies like KOI, KOH and Bavaria, this is what I can see they have built since the beginning of the game :
- Bavaria lent me the big Deroy force fairly quickly, since then I see they have built or are building one horse Arty in Passau, one landwehr inspection in Regensburg, 2 fuss arty and 1 infantry regiment in Munchen.. that's 3 arty unit for 1 garrison infantry unit and one infantry unit. Still a problem
- KOI has outside of it's garrison units from the start : Eugène with one heavy cav brigade, one guard hors arty, one regular arty (all this in bergamo), and in Milano they have built one horse arty. That's 3 arty units, one heavy cav... Still a problem.
- KOH has in Amsterdam (outside of the garrison preexisting fixed units) 2 horse arties + 1 landwehr Inspection, add to this one infantry brigade in Utrecht and one dragoon brigade in Groningen. So 2 arty units, 1 garrison unit, 1 infantry and 1 cav.. Slightly less bad, but still too much arty.

There remains a big issue in the building algorythm. making fortress and coastal batteries basically non buildable is good, but really the AI needs to be prevented from building arty or cav just because it doesn't have the ressources to build anything else... otherwise it keeps building what it can as soon as it can and it means an orgy of arty sprinkled with cav and a distinct lack of infantry.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:12 am

Hello guys, I'd be interested to know if others have faced the same issues I have in terms of the replacement screen + still wacky AI buids ?

Cheers.

Philsavory
Sergeant

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:21 pm

veji1 wrote:Hello guys, I'd be interested to know if others have faced the same issues I have in terms of the replacement screen + still wacky AI buids ?

Cheers.

Yes, same here. I reported it 4 days ago; no answer yet, though. http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?43579-Replacement-Screen-1-03-beta

Pocus

Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:39 pm

The problem is balancing, the AI build artilleries because it lacks conscripts and division demand a huge amount compared to artillery. As for siege art. I agree that they should be removed from the AI construction list.

I'll check the interface issue in the replacement screen.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Philsavory
Sergeant

Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:24 pm

Pocus wrote:The problem is balancing, the AI build artilleries because it lacks conscripts and division demand a huge amount compared to artillery. As for siege art. I agree that they should be removed from the AI construction list.

Thanks, Pocus.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Pocus wrote:The problem is balancing, the AI build artilleries because it lacks conscripts and division demand a huge amount compared to artillery. As for siege art. I agree that they should be removed from the AI construction list.

Thanks Pocus for your answer. Regarding builds then the issue might be that the AI checks to often for what to build ? Say the AI checked for countries like Nassau and Wurtemberg and others only twice a year for builds, than maybe it could build infantry instead of arty ?

It is really a massive issue, as it makes minors' forces composition completely senseless. I don't know if there could be a check for existing elements making the AI chose foregoing building units rather than building more arty ?

Pocus

Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:50 pm

The issue with no possible scrolling in the replacements screen is fixed. Also expeditionary forces should work much more reliably with satellites nations. New beta patch upcoming!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:36 pm

Great work, thanks. Fix the AI builds and it will be real close!

Kev_uk
Colonel

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:00 pm

Hey Pocus, did you find any problems with French-Spain events?

Philsavory
Sergeant

Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:55 pm

Nice work, looking forward to the patch. Exams are over, and I've time to spare :)

RebelYell
General of the Army

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:17 pm

Pocus wrote:The issue with no possible scrolling in the replacements screen is fixed. Also expeditionary forces should work much more reliably with satellites nations. New beta patch upcoming!

Thank you for your hard work on the game.

Return to “Help improve WON”