Gribeauval
Sergeant

French garnison unis

Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Hello,
the manual contains a picture of a "brigade de garnison" (with elements being "garnison garde nationale 1805") at the page 83. The manual contains also a picture of a "garnison depot" unit at the page 77.

I play the august campaign with v102 (I have restarted the game), but I don't see in the pool of constructible units any "brigade de garnison" or "garnison depot".
Are not these units missing ?

When I played with the previous versions of the game, I didn't see any colonial brigades. They have appeared with the last patch. Could it not be the same thing with the "brigade de garnison" and "garnison dépôt" ?

I have also noted that the two types of artillery batteries in the pool of fortress units are both called "costal batteries".
One of these units can only be built in a port and is a real costal unit ( picture with the "affut de marine").
The other type can be built inland, in a city that is not even on a river : should it not be called "fortress battery" ? (picture with the "affut à deux grandes roues des pièces de campagne").

Regards.

PhilThib

Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:54 pm

Those units will appear at later stages in the campaign (and the garde nationale only mostly when France is invaded).

Offworlder
General

Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:49 pm

A few garrison brigades also appear with the Spanish garrison card that activates upon the completion of Portugal's conquest. They can be quite handy in helping garrisoning strategic points and relieve your main forces for field combat. I guess that is WAD.

Re Garde Nationale units, are these similar to the 5 units which are released a few turns in the game?

PhilThib

Sun May 01, 2016 11:13 am

Garde Nationale are basically militias.

Return to “Help improve WON”