Khanti
Captain

Please allow writing save games in game folder as in previous games

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:59 am

Until now most Ageod's games used game folder (e.g.. c:\Ageod\Revolution Under Siege) as save folder (in formula c:\Ageod\Revolution under Siege\RUS\Saves\).
Recently you changed it to keeping save games in C:\Documents and Settings\User name\My documents\My Games\Wars of Napoleon\.

I hoped that UserPath.ini or Modpath.ini could store MY DESIGNED save path, but no.
I used to play on many computers using the same USB flash drive, so it's VERY inconvenient to have save games in MAIN folder of hard drive (sometimes not mine!). I need constantly remember to copy those saves to flash drive and copy them back to my computer afternoon (when in home).

Could you please add possibility to change in OPTIONS bottom line with saves game location ("User directory: C:\Documents and Settings.......).

Right now I can change many things in options, but not this one, which is very sad.

Khanti
Captain

Re: Please allow writing save games in game folder as in previous games

Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Better late than never ;)
I've found the bug and solved the problem.
The solution is: DELETE UserPath.ini file.
I don't know why that file was added (it wasn't in earlier games) but it spoils the party.
When it's removed - Modpath.ini starts to work correctly.
Modpath.ini was used in earlier games and it worked.

So it is simple: write mod name in Modpath.ini (here: Ngc), save it and game will be storing all save, log and scripts files in game folder xxxx\Wars of Napoleon\NGC\

Tested with other Ageod titles (Cw2, TYW).

:p
Meteoryt-like user. Strikes and disappears.

Return to “Help improve WON”