zooter
Captain

new beta patch, Austria

Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:41 pm

the Pressburg event did not fire after three turns. I looked into Austria and saw they only had 56 in money, 426 , forgot what they are called, other points and that they had not issue any decrees or military improvements, and they exported no goods from jan to Nov. 1805

bjmorgan
Corporal

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:33 pm

I waited a dozen turns and didn't see it work, either. I posted under the tech support thread.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:44 pm

zooter wrote:the Pressburg event did not fire after three turns. I looked into Austria and saw they only had 56 in money, 426 , forgot what they are called, other points and that they had not issue any decrees or military improvements, and they exported no goods from jan to Nov. 1805

I said it from the beginning, beyong the Pressburg event itself, there seems to be an "idle Engagement Point AI" problem in the game where most if not all majors seem to forget to spend their EPs..

Montbrun
Major

Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:05 pm

Keep in mind that they need 1000 EPs to get their Reforms.

zooter
Captain

Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:34 pm

I played both the French and the Austrians, until the Austrians had enough money then I accepted the Pressburg event. I played both sides for three turns after and nothing happened, so there's a bug there. In fact it seems that Austria is not even interested in peace, having turned down several other peace proposals. However I did get into 1806 until a critical error shut the game down, a new milestone.

PhilThib

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:28 am

No way to tell if it works or not wihtout a save and your logs...there may be something that was missed here...

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:42 am

Montbrun wrote:Keep in mind that they need 1000 EPs to get their Reforms.

Yeah and maybe this is what makes the AI not sign the treaty and keep saving the EP... This is also why I think a clarification between the diplomacy interface, the EP interface (F3/F4) and the RGD interface is needed. Right now we have 3 "systems" that sort of collide with each other more than they complement each other : Why are some specific peace treaties (Pressburg / Tilsit / others) dealed with in the EP interface ? Sure I understand the designers wanting to be able to follow in history's track, but then couldn't they for example have turned these peaces into "packages" in the offer peace ledger of the diplomacy interface ?

I find myself in a funny situation in game : as the french I quickly trashed Prussia in 1806, wiping the floor with dispersed stacks in northern Bavaria and Wurtemberg because Prussia was at war with Wurtemberg (silly...) when the AI made it dow me. And quite quickly after I took Berlin Prussia started to offer me great peace deals : release Westphalia and the duchy of Warsaw + Hambourg and a few more useless provinces + all the gold they could muster during 3 years (ie close to 500 per year).... To be honest this is about as good as what Tilsit gives me, but I kept ignoring it just so that I could "test" the Tilsit sequence even though I have no clue how it will come... btw, had I accepted the Prussian offer, would Westphalia and Warsaw have been released as my satellites or as neutrals ?

My point is that overall some simplifying of how the game works in this regard would be a good thing.

EDIT : btw I do think that all 3 interfaces are very interesting and have real merits, just that they are a bit "too much" in the context of this game. I would personnaly get rid of the EP interface, develop RGDs and simplify the diplomatic interface to make it a lot more like EUII's.

PhilThib

Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:08 am

To get Tilsit with France, you must control Berlin, Koenigsberg and Warsaw and be at war with Prussia (and they have less than 75 NM)

Return to “Help improve WON”