lycortas2
Captain

unit model stats

Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:49 pm

Philippes if you have time would you comment on some issues for me, or knowledgeable types like Ace?

I am editing all of the unit files and I noticed that light cavalry tends to have 4 initiative and 4 protection and cuirassiers tend to have 7 initiative and 1 protection. Is this WAD?
The only thing I was able to guess was the numbers on light cavalry emulate their screening role in battles rather than a heavy battle role.

Also are muskets considered war supplies? I have noticed most infantry take no war supply to build but there is a war supply cost for infantry replacements.

Thank you for your time.

Michael

lycortas2
Captain

Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:28 pm

Next question, what is war supply? I am getting the idea that it is just cannon after going through the unit files.
In that case there is still a discrepancy.
64 gun ship of the line might carry 24x32lbrs, 24x18lbrs, and 16x9lbrs. This armament in game cost 120 war supply. One 12lbr foot battery cost 30 war supply for 8 guns. In other words a 64 gun ship of the line with 64x12lbrs would be 240(!!) war supply. Something is not right. Either ships shouldcost more war supply or artillery should cost less.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing an option maybe once every 6 months to convert about 1000 money into about 100 war supply to show the monarch investing in foundries, armouries etc.

PhilThib

Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:17 am

I am going through the cost issue of WSU regularly, and now again. WSU is only the heavy material (i.e. canons, not muskets).
The option to buy WSU will be ready for next patch

Return to “Help improve WON”