ajarnlance
General of the Army

Berthier...

Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:29 pm

I would like to suggest a change to Berthier's Master Logistician ability. In the game this 25% supply bonus only takes effect if Berthier is in command of a stack. In reality Berthier was NOT a field commander. He was Naploleon's organiser... working in the background to take care of logistics. Therefore the requirement that he be "in command" of a stack should be removed. He should improve supply simply by being "in" the stack. What do you think?
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Pocus

Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:53 pm

Good point!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

PhilThib

Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:16 pm

What ability would that be then?

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:43 pm

PhilThib wrote:What ability would that be then?

1) KEEP the ability "supply bonus 25%".
2) REMOVE the condition that he must be in command of the stack to receive the bonus.

This would be historically accurate. Berthier was NOT a field commander but he was of immense aid to Napoleon because of his logistical genius. Therefore, he should be simply present "in" a stack to provide the bonus... no need to be in command (nobody will place him in command because of his very weak stats).
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

PhilThib

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:55 pm

I don't think the ability exists as such...i.e. your point 2 is NOT possible now...unless there are other abilities which does that and I am not aware of

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:16 pm

PhilThib wrote:I don't think the ability exists as such...i.e. your point 2 is NOT possible now...unless there are other abilities which does that and I am not aware of

Maybe this can be changed by creating a new ability as I described above in a future patch. Presumably you could take the code for the current ability and just remove the conditional part where he has to be in command of the stack. It is just that, the way things stand, Berthier's supply bonus will never get used since his leadership qualities are so inferior to the other French commanders. Whereas historically he was invaluable to Napoleon. Thanks for responding so quickly.

Pocus

Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Yes, that would works, abilities can be modded this way indeed.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Help improve WON”