nlancier
Lieutenant

Steam screenshots for WoN ?

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Gentlemen, seems i couldnt activate taking screenshots of WoN on steam while game running tho it is working for other games ? Is there a way ?
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

Captain_Orso

Re: Steam screenshots for WoN ?

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:22 pm

I don't really know so much about Steam. Are you starting WON directly from a desktop icon or through the Steam App?

In the worst case scenario you can follow these instructions. They should work what ever way you start WON.

How To Make Screenshots and Post them in a Thread

nlancier
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:41 pm

Orso, PrintScreen button on my keyboard working fine just steam usual screenshot button not working with my WoN so cant take screenshots for steam. There must be something i miss as it is working with my other games, strange. I start game from steam yes. Maybe i bought game from AGEod site and i use the steam key they gave to me ... maybe thats the reason i cant take steam screenshots ? interesting. Thanks anyway.

Captain_Orso

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:29 am

Possibly because the game engine has the key you are using in Steam locked down for its own use. Check pages 120-121 of the manual for a list of keys used by the game engine.

nlancier
Lieutenant

Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Possibly because the game engine has the key you are using in Steam locked down for its own use. Check pages 120-121 of the manual for a list of keys used by the game engine.

Orso i know what you mean, i also thought classic steam screenshot key, F12 might be the problem as WoN uses it so i changed it to something WoN doesnt use but no way that is not the issue cause still i can do it in other games but not in WoN. Really i suspect it might be cause of i bought game from ageod but not from steam ? Where can i ask this maybe on slitherine ?

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:19 am

It has nothing to do with the fact where you bought it. I've purchased my copy of WoN from Steam. Neither overlay or screenshot functions work for me.

nlancier
Lieutenant

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:25 am

deidaraakatski wrote:It has nothing to do with the fact where you bought it. I've purchased my copy of WoN from Steam. Neither overlay or screenshot functions work for me.

Thanks for the info. Interesting yes overlay (shift+tab) also not working. I created a ticket for ageod support and sent to support@ageod.co.uk as well, but i dont know if it can be solved.

Captain_Orso

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:35 am

I tried setting Overlay and Screenshot to <Ctrl><O> and <Ctrl><P> respectively and neither work.

My only guess is that the engine is blocking the key strokes from being passed on to Steam.

I wouldn't expect a quick fix for this, if my understanding is correct. Use an external screen shot utility for screenshots. With regards to the Steam Overlay, I guess you are just SOL (sh*t out o' luck).

Sorry I can't help any further than that.

nlancier
Lieutenant

Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:31 pm

Seems like it must be as customized screens as steam Overlay and Screenshot button not working for won. I managed to do it but quite painful steps ^^

1) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =221925378

2) http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questio ... s-to-steam

nlancier
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:23 pm

Managed to post WoN AARs on steam screenshots with the above system ^^

"The Generals HQ (TGHQ) (Game:WoN#1 Battle of Wien June 22-30 1809) ... Napoleon's Campaigns: Jan 1805 to Dec.1815" :
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =814365415

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”