vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Bug in Saxon Alliance event

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:54 pm

As France, in the latest beta, I am at war with Prussia, in the Summer of 1806. Saxony is allied to Prussia and at war with me.

After I take the last Saxon city, Dresden, I get an event on the next turn. Saxony joins the French Alliance. However, Saxony does not show as an ally in the Diplomacy screen. All my garrisons are ejected from the Saxon cities, and Saxony has a passage right from France, but does not show as a member of the French alliance. Saxony is no longer at war with France, but is at war with Bavaria. On top of that, France does not have a foreign access right to go through Saxon territory, or even pass through Saxon territory.

And I get a casus belli against Saxony because they are at war with Bavaria, who is also my ally.

Something seems wrong here.

As always, any help will be appreciated.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:10 am

vaalen wrote:As France, in the latest beta, I am at war with Prussia, in the Summer of 1806. Saxony is allied to Prussia and at war with me.

After I take the last Saxon city, Dresden, I get an event on the next turn. Saxony joins the French Alliance. However, Saxony does not show as an ally in the Diplomacy screen. All my garrisons are ejected from the Saxon cities, and Saxony has a passage right from France, but does not show as a member of the French alliance. Saxony is no longer at war with France, but is at war with Bavaria. On top of that, France does not have a foreign access right to go through Saxon territory, or even pass through Saxon territory.

And I get a casus belli against Saxony because they are at war with Bavaria, who is also my ally.

Something seems wrong here.

As always, any help will be appreciated.

They have tried to emulate how Saxony abandonned Prussia without actively allying with the french to begin with (later Saxony will provide troops and such for example in the 1809 and 1812 campaigns). But the engine really has a hard time with it... I still think the best thing would be to make Saxony a full french allied but with locked troops for 48 turns, meaning they couldn't loan troops to the french for the first year of their alliance.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:02 pm

veji1 wrote:They have tried to emulate how Saxony abandonned Prussia without actively allying with the french to begin with (later Saxony will provide troops and such for example in the 1809 and 1812 campaigns). But the engine really has a hard time with it... I still think the best thing would be to make Saxony a full french allied but with locked troops for 48 turns, meaning they couldn't loan troops to the french for the first year of their alliance.

Thank you for the explanation, I appreciate it. I like your solution to the problem.

Best,

Vaalen

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”