vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Cannot propose treaties

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:09 am

In my campaign as France, 1.02, I cannot select a treaty to propose to anyone, friend, neutral, or enemy. I go to the list of treaties I can propose, and try to click on the treaty I want to send. and nothing happens.

Then I check the treaty sent list, and there is nothing there. This has been going on for the first ten turns of the game.

Any guidance or help you can provided will be appreciated.

Pocus

Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:14 am

The saved game please, thanks :) !

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:10 pm

[ATTACH]39020[/ATTACH][ATTACH]39021[/ATTACH]
Pocus wrote:The saved game please, thanks :) !

Attached is the save game. Thanks!
Attachments
4 - 1805 August Grand Campaign.rar
(454.37 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
4 - 1805 August Grand Campaign~FRA.zip
(725.99 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

Pocus

Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:15 am

Thanks!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Dear Vaalen,

I did not got the issue with your saved game, but I'm in 1.03 public beta (which is stable rest assured). Would you like to try it? If not, try restarting the campaign and tell us if the problem remains.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:21 pm

Pocus wrote:Dear Vaalen,

I did not got the issue with your saved game, but I'm in 1.03 public beta (which is stable rest assured). Would you like to try it? If not, try restarting the campaign and tell us if the problem remains.

Pocus, thank you for looking at it. I will try the latest beta, and restarting the campaign.

Regards,

Vaalen

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Unfortunately, even with the beta patch and a new game, the same problem.

I am beginning to wonder if the installation was corrupted somehow.

What do you think about uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and patching it with the latest beta patch?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:44 pm

vaalen wrote:Unfortunately, even with the beta patch and a new game, the same problem.

I am beginning to wonder if the installation was corrupted somehow.

What do you think about uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and patching it with the latest beta patch?

I fixed the problem by changing the resolution.

When the screen was set to windowed mode, using the desktop resolution,1920 x 1080, the button to confirm your action did not show.

When I changed the settings to full screen, using resolution 1024 x 768, the confirmation button appeared,, and I was able to send treaty proposals.

I have no idea why this worked, except sometimes I have found that changing the resolution changes other things as well.

I wish I had tried this before I wasted your time, but later is usually better than never.

Thanks again, Vaalen

Pocus

Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:46 am

No time wasted, this is after all an interesting report to know that in some cases the interface have issues. Did you try windowed mode but without any border, i.e the default view of the game? Or is it because writing is too small in such resolution?

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:15 pm

Pocus wrote:No time wasted, this is after all an interesting report to know that in some cases the interface have issues. Did you try windowed mode but without any border, i.e the default view of the game? Or is it because writing is too small in such resolution?

No, I had tried windowed mode with a border. That did not work, but I just tried windowed mode without borders, and the diplomatic interface worked fine. Thank you for that suggestion, as the game looks much better in the native resolution of my monitor.

The writing is not too small, because I am using an accessibility feature in windows that makes letters and icons bigger. This feature only works in Ageod games when you use the resolution setting

"Use Desktop resolution".

It does not work in any other games, including other Slitherine games. This is actually a unique advantage for Ageod Games

I am now wondering how many of the problems people have with the game could be solved just by using Windowed mode without a border?

Pocus

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:35 am

That should be the default of the game!

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:56 am

Pocus wrote:That should be the default of the game!

It is working well for me with that setting. Should this be the default for all Ageod games?

If so, I have a lot of settings to revise, as every Ageod game has an honored space on my hard drive!

Pocus

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:57 am

Yes by default all Ageod games are using your desktop resolution, to prevent fuzzy fonts, and are in fact working as a maximized window without border. That's so far the best setting we found.

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”