Pocus

Possible fixes for crashes and issues related to video card

Tue May 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Dear players,

Because of the way the AGE engine displays the map and the version of DirectX it uses, some recent video cards might have problems causing random crashes. It don't affect by far everybody but when it does happen, it will be quite a bother for the unlucky player.

There are possible work-around these issues though. The first is to never put too much textures in memory at once. To do that, you need to open the file general.opt with a text editor (notepad or notepad++), this file is in
<installation path>\NGC\Settings

and edit the line MemUsage = 75 (it can be any number...)
to
MemUsage = 10

Another way to prevent random crashes (linked to the game being denied file writing access) is to delete the file Userpath.ini which is also in the game main directory.

With these 2 simple edits, many users have reported a vast improvement in stability.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

picaron

Thu May 26, 2016 2:30 pm

:thumbsup:

Merci

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

ETF
Captain

Re: Possible fixes for crashes and issues related to video card

Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:26 pm

No luck for me did both......I7 late model Nvidia 1070 card. Windows 10. A fresh game with 1.02 still gets crashes all the time. I find AGEOD games some the best but the most unstable in my library of wargames. Too Bad.

<EDIT> Had my IT guy come to my office.....he did the first item and not the second. Seems to have worked at least for one turn so far :dada:

Templer
General

Sat May 11, 2019 1:21 pm

ETF wrote:No luck for me did both...

Same here!
Where is help?! :mad:

lodilefty

Sat May 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”