Philsavory
Sergeant

Objective value changed after capture steam version 1.02a

Sun May 15, 2016 10:42 pm

Hi,

It's turn 401 May 1-7 and I'm the French. I conquered London a couple of turns ago, and expected victory, as the objective was showing up as 150. After capture, it shows up as 50. I had 170 approx. NM before I captured London, so I was expecting to win the game with its capture. Also, before I conquered London I was 61% towards my VP total required for win progress(via the F9 screen); afterwards I was 52%. I'd be grateful if anyone could clarify it further for me, thanks.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Backup3.rar
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 154 times
Backup2.rar
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
Backup1.rar
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 126 times
5 - 1805 January Grand Campaign~FRA.rar
(159.83 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
5 - 1805 January Grand Campaign.rar
(735.9 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

Pocus

Mon May 16, 2016 9:23 am

You don't win by NM in WON, you win when you reach 100% of the VP needed to win, and that only.

If your % fell a bit, this is probably because someone (a third country) gained a lot during the interim turns.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Philsavory
Sergeant

Mon May 16, 2016 4:04 pm

Ah, o.k. thanks :) It's probably Russia who gained VP; they're hammering the Ottomans. Russia has pretty much left me alone since 1805 when I beat them. Weirdly, when at war with Prussia, a couple of events fired after I strayed into Russian territory; 'Moscow is burning' and a 'Napoleon crosses the river Niemen (I think)' (as a prelude to invasion of Russia), but no war came of it. Spain has been under the Napoleonic heel since 1809, and the invasion of Great Britain (ongoing) was achieved in 1813, after smashing their fleets. I've not been able to annex Oldenberg, though; one small indomitable villag...no wait, that's wrong. one small province (Heligoland) remains, so I've not triggered the later Empire effects. Great game, I've really enjoyed the campaign so far. It looks like the Russian steppes are calling me, to ensure final victory.

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”