totalize
Conscript

Slow Mouse Scrolling extremely slow delay after mouse clicks

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:12 pm

Can someone suggest some changes in the game to speed up scrolling? It's painfully slow and I have a new computer so can't be that. I enabled hardware mouse but that does little to alleviate the slow scrolling issue. I am running the game in 1920X1080 full screen.
The game scrolling is okay when not displaying multiple corps and armies but when I scroll over to the grande armee positions with all corps showing it just bogs right down.

Secondly, another problem with the game is the long delay when mouse clicking. This is particularly evident when I am in the national decision screen. I have to click sometimes 3X to get the game to respond.

Thirdly, why does it take such a long time when you end your turn and the game proceeds to execute your moves and decisions and battles??? Strange given I have a Core i7 with DDR4 memory .

I am not sure if this game has been optimized by the developers here???

Please developers of this game fix these issues with suggestions to speed up game play.

Pocus

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:17 am

If you experience mouse lag, then there is definitively a video issue here. You should contact the Helpdesk support@slitherine.co.uk and ask for the 'wrapper DLL', but you can also explain your issue in details if they have others ideas.
As for new turn, expect 2 mn at least each time, given the complexity of the game.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

totalize
Conscript

Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:43 am

downloaded said files and installed them. A vast improvement for sure. Thanks for the support. The game is now playable.

David.

Pocus

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:15 am

Very good!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

totalize
Conscript

Re: Slow Mouse Scrolling in game

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:11 am

Has there been any improvement to the scrolling issue in this game? I have installed the wrapper DLL and it did improve east/west scrolling but compared to other games like Hearts of Iron IV its still extremely slow scrolling east/west. If you have seen HOV IV its map is just as graphical as WON yet the scrolling is super smooth.

David.

Pocus

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Sorry no, the DirectX library has not been improved. But we are working on a new engine for our next games :)

nlancier
Lieutenant

Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:05 pm

There is no other way for me to play except moving my mouse left or right in 'max zoom in' view on the map.
Otherwise when i zoom out, i cant move left or right, map view would totally stuck with lag? especially in the pbem game where we are in 236th turn !?
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder & Admin

Captain_Orso

Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:09 pm

You can also click on the mini-map in the lower right corner to center your view at that point, or you can open the Strategic map <F7> and click on one of the 'Dots' (stacks) on the map to center on that stack.

Also, if you want to center on one of your or one of your ally's stacks on the main map, select that stack and press <C> to center on the stack.

OR of you want to center on the target location of a moving stack, select that stack and press <Shift><C>.

Pocus

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:32 am

Even if the game engine is not the most recent, you should not get such a lag. On top of my head, you should scroll without any stack in selection, this will be faster. You can also scroll with the arrow keys, and as Cpt Orso says, you can click on the minimap for a 'big jump'.
You can also play with a smaller window, so there is a less to display at a time. Run the AGEsettings utility, or simply edit display.opt in settings (that's a text file) and give a window size of 1024x768 for example.

That said, you can also ask for guidance from the HelpDesk: support@slitherine.co.uk

Captain_Orso

Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:51 pm

If the issue is related to DX11, from my experience with other games using DX11, nearly all graphics related processing is done on the graphics card, which means that without a large amount of GPU memory, it's possible that the game has to page in and out of the graphics card, which would certainly cause slowing down scrolling on the map.

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”