gazfun
Corporal

Password protection for players

Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:47 am

I know by mentioning this people would think that this may be little boy stuff, but I think there should be better security for players if they chose to do so. Saying that there will also have to be away to get to that players country if they opt out of the game without notice. Im sure that can be handled by players somehow.
Please look at this
Last edited by gazfun on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aurelin
Colonel

Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:00 pm

So you want password protection for players. And want to be able to get around it...............

gazfun
Corporal

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:05 am

Aurelin wrote:So you want password protection for players. And want to be able to get around it...............

Not everything is black and white you know.
Player can often leave without notice which is the down side of having passwords. In ATG this can be done by a player to change the password of another player. Of course this is recorded in the game log

lordlau1
Corporal

Re: Passowrd protection for players

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:19 am

I agree with the password idea. I'd like to see passwords for WoN. With the use of forums and drop boxes...this would eliminate abuse and it would increase competiveness.

Captain_Orso

Re: Password protection for players

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:02 pm

There is no way to completely eliminate cheating. As soon as you turn over your orders file to a 2nd or 3rd person, that person can do with it what he wishes, even if it is password protected.

One can only reduce the possibility and ease of cheating. The IT industry, corporations and companies, and private persons spends literally many billions of dollars yearly on security and yet nearly daily there are reports of hacking.

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”