More script errors

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:25 pm

See attached.
Attachments
ScriptReport-Jan13thBeta.zip
(366.58 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Pocus

Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:04 am

3:50:56 PM [Error ] FullDebug: Script Engine Error(s), while parsing line 38521 ChangeRgnOwner = AUS;FRA;KOI

We will check the issue, thanks.

As for the problems related to the game engine and its incompatibilities with your video driver (see how mindful I'm) ;) The helpdesk now has two tools to help on that, these DLLs once put at the right place will convert some of the directX call of the game to a more modern format and it might help in your case. If you want to reach them: support@slitherine.co.uk

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

bjmorgan
Corporal

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:22 pm

What makes you think I have video card issues? You just suggested that, and I vehemently disagree. I have all Dirext X versions installed and they work fine with all other games (and other software for that matter) that I have. I suggest that as you fix the bugs with the other parts of the system, my "video driver problems" will magically be fixed. Why do TEAW and ACW II work fine? Everything else I have works fine. The difference is, I suspect, that those have a much simpler set of events and scripts. There's a clue in there somewhere.

Alas, it reminds of the days when the IBM software support called a malfunction a hardware issue, but the IBM hardware support called it a software issue. We just wanted it fixed. But, I'll try the DLLs and see if anything changes. You can be assured I'll notify you if they don't.

You keep working on the issues I post, and my hardware will improve. I promise.

Return to “WON Technical support / Aide technique”