Lovethelord
Conscript

I don't understand why my corps are so low on supply

Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:34 pm

https://imgur.com/a/HgemhPJ

I don't understand. The supply map shows that I have unbroken green zones of supply and all my armies are in the green areas. Why aren't they filling back up with supply? I even built a depot near Leipzig but it didn't do anything. Can a veteran of this game teach me some tricks? Thank you.

Pocus

Re: I don't understand why my corps are so low on supply

Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:51 pm

Supply can be complex to understand indeed and I think there are tutorials done by players on that. You need to have depots sufficiently close to another and that there are points generated that move along them.

Lovethelord
Conscript

Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:33 am

You were correct! I did what you said and supply was much better. I had no big issue supplying my forces. but I have a question. There are SO many wagons now and im not sure how to manage all these wagons efficiently. Can you teach me?

I also want to know something. When I remove a red wagon (0 supply) from a corps, that corps' supply shoots up to 100%. what does this mean?

Lastly, are wagons like moving depots? like as long as they are in the nearby province and have supply, will my corps draw from them? Or do I have to individually assign each wagon to each corps for that corps to take in supply.

Brilliant game btw!!!

Stratman
Captain

Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:37 pm

Lovethelord wrote:You were correct! I did what you said and supply was much better. I had no big issue supplying my forces. but I have a question. There are SO many wagons now and im not sure how to manage all these wagons efficiently. Can you teach me?

I also want to know something. When I remove a red wagon (0 supply) from a corps, that corps' supply shoots up to 100%. what does this mean?

Lastly, are wagons like moving depots? like as long as they are in the nearby province and have supply, will my corps draw from them? Or do I have to individually assign each wagon to each corps for that corps to take in supply.

Brilliant game btw!!!

O yeah, that is in top3 of my favorite games.
Wagons have a limited supply capacity, and the depots generate this supply - that's the main difference.
So depots as AC/DC sources, and wagons as remote batteries. :D
It is better to build a depot in every 3-4 regions, or provide your corps with wagons.
And yes, you can supply from the nearby friendly province if there is a depot or a wagon there.
Also you can replenish the supply of wagons by placing them in regions with depots.
Last edited by Stratman on Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stratman
Captain

Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:56 pm

and in addition, a little bit from the manual:

Supply Wagons also have the following additional benefits:
* They provide a +10% fire bonus during battles (provided they have some ammo left)
* They protect Units from bad weather effects by trading hits for Supply
A Supply Wagon or transport ship is able to supply any land Unit with both General Supply and Ammunition if it is in the same or an adjacent region.

andrzej
Major

Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:48 am

Stratman wrote:And yes, you can supply from the nearby friendly province if there is a depot or a wagon there.

But be careful, my attempts to supply wagons to a large army in winter, several regions away from the depot, led to the fact that the wagons got stuck in mud and snow and the army began to suffer from hunger and lost half of its soldiers!

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”