Offworlder
General

Hessians

Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:14 am

Started a new campaign and got to the phase where Westphalia was established. As usual, Hessian troops cannot be recruited once the Westphalian option is taken.

I find it a bit strange. In vanilla, the unit roster simply disappeared, and I thought that it happened because with only Darmstadt remaining, they could not recruit anything as the city was devoid of buildings. So I amended the Westphalia event and gave Dortmund (with its gun foundry) to the Hessians (its also more historical as in fact the area remained Hessian till about 1810, when it was given to Berg). However, now I can see the recruitable units, but still cannot recruit them (not even the artillery). I checked the Unit specs and they can be recruited in Hessen only (with both Dortmund and Darmstadt being in Hessen).

So can anyone tell me why I cannot recruit Hessian units post Westphalia? Is it sort of hard coded? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Bohémond

Re: Hessians

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:58 pm

Hi,
Could you post a screenshot of the units you want to recruit and of the pop up displayed when you try to recruit them ?

Regards

Nikel

Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:02 pm

Nice to see you alive and kicking! ;)

Offworlder
General

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:19 pm

For some reason I can't attach a screenshot. However, thanks to your pointers I tried to build the units and I got the following message -

'You cannot build the selected unit in the region: the population is not loyal to your nation'

Indeed the loyalty is 100% Westphalian. Tried all the possible recruitable units (infantry, artillery and supplies) and none could be recruited. I guess the hit to Hessian loyalty on a regional level intrinsic to the creation of WES still applies to the territories which I retained within Hessen.

Will marching the army to Dortmund shift loyalty in the region? Is there a quick way to fix it?

Thanks!

Bohémond

Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:01 am

Not sure what factions you are playing and what is exactly the Westphalia Event, I do not play a lot WON.

Anyway, let"s assume you are playing the French Empire, you wil need to add an event with the following

SelectFaction = FRA
SelectRegion = $Dortmund
ChangeLoyaltyFac = 100

If I recall correctly, you can post screenshots in the ''Help to improve'' subforum

Regards

Offworlder
General

Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:18 pm

HI Bohemond

Basically I'm playing the French Empire and its satellites. The Westphalia event I'm referring to is when France creates Westphalia out of several territories during the war with Prussia. Thus in effect I'm playing both the Westphalians (once created) and the Hessians.

Does this work on its own?

SelectFaction = HES
SelectRegion = $Dortmund
ChangeLoyaltyFac = 100

Bohémond

Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 pm

It should work.
You will have to include it in a proper formated event (StartEvent/Conditions/Actions/EndEvent)

Regards

Offworlder
General

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:15 am

Thanks for the heads up. BTW I also found another sort of work around. The Hessian Units are all listed as recruitable in Hessen, but Darmstadt is in Franken. If one adds another line to theit units folder, namely the one found below, everything but the artillery becomes recruitable once again. Unfortunately, there are no structures capable of building artillery in Darmstadt itself.

'AltArea = $Area_Franken'

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”