shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Haiti

Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:50 am

Playing France on Great Campaign scenario, turn ~35 (november 1805)

Having cleared the british navy on the atlantic shore Im planning to annex Haiti to make it a FOB. Has I haven't signed any treaties yet on the coalition war Im also expecting interesting economical aspects with that new province once develloped and pacified.
Planning to send Napoleon himself with new Imperial Gard division etc.. + Direction de la Gendarmerie
Any thoughts welcome :fleurs:

Durk

Re: Haiti

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:12 am

Wow. Nicely done and nice explanation of game outcomes.

shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 am

Thanks. But now it's january and the british fleets are back everywhere. My 2 main fleets are trapped by Calder in Galicia, ill have to buy a last naval modifier before attempting to sneak out...

Im actually asking if it's worth it to annex Haiti ?
After posting OP i've read some topics Im not even sure that it is possible given annexation rules. And also I noticed that Haiti is locked/neutral in the scenario ?

shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:56 pm

For the record Haiti is annexable, I finally did it in 1808 :cuit:

shotgunfacelift
Corporal

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Now 1811.
Haiti never lost the looted icon since the peace. As far as I know a province remains looted for 1 year.
I think I have a bug. I have a french garison there + some leaders but none seem to have loot ability. I also have a captured haitian fortress batteries unit. Is there any way to edit the save files in order to fix this ?

KamovHelix
Conscript

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:37 pm

Well, we're in 2019 and real life Haiti sadly never lost the "looted" icon... Anyways, to keep things more serious, I'll try to do the same thing as to see whether it happens systematically or if it's just a bug that happened to you.
According to the results, the course of action for the devs will be quite different!

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”