maars85
Conscript

Ottomans military reforms - PBEM

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:33 am

Hi guys,

May somebody explain diferences between OT military reforms Nizami-i-Cedid & Empire Reform? which one is better? or I need both? or maybe Empire Reform includes the Nizami-i Cedid reform?

Thx for answers.

Durk

Re: Ottomans military reforms - PBEM

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:39 am

These reforms are all a part of the general 'westernization' of Selim III with the game reflecting this in a military reform and an economic reform. So you will want to do both; however, understand that the conservative side of Ottoman society will likely oppose the reforms in future years which you may need to address with future counter reform options. But as the reforms bring European style corps and such to replace the Janissary formations, you definitely want to reform

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 am

I have digged a bit in the event code. Have I understood correctly, that a chance of 25% exists over a rather long period of time to backfire. Is that correct and if so, has anybody ever successfully reformed Ottos?

Durk

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:17 am

The answer from my play is yes. Successful reforms. However, the Ottomans of all the factions are the most dependent upon luck. After all, we are a century before Ataturk.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”