GaiusJulius78
Private

NM gain from winning battles

Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:45 am

Hi everybody,

I recently started playing WON (the last Ageod Steam-available title I have left to finish - apart from PON, but I'll tackle that beast when I have the time, probably not until I will be a pensioner...) so far very impressed, beautiful artwork and I love the historical period.

Haven't started the Grand Campaign yet but I played through the three small scenarios (Waterloo, Austerlitz and the Prussian one). Every time I managed to beat the AI in few turns.
In my opinion it is very easy to reach the 150NM threshold and win a Victory without having to conquer the necessary Objective cities.

I have noticed a massive NM gain from winning battles (much more than the usual gain in any other Ageod game, and even without inflicting too many casualties to the AI).
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar in the short scenarios and what are your thoughts?

Or maybe I've simply become too good at Ageod games after playing obsessively for the last 12 months and I need to start playing PBEM :)

Either way, hope the Gran Campaign will be more challenging and last longer. So far apart the NM balancing issue I mentioned I totally love this game!

ETF
Captain

Re: NM gain from winning battles

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:10 pm

I noticed that too....., especially for Naval victories. As always though I find the AI at best a tutorial helper. Not a real opponent.

Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Re: NM gain from winning battles

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:11 am

I think you will find that the Campaign game is a whole different ball game than the scenarios. Although you might want to crank the difficulty level up at least one level. In the Campaign it is about preservation of your armies as well as winning the battles and taking and holding the strategic cities required for victory. Jump in, and keep us posted as to how it goes.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”