HidekiTojo
Colonel

Window Mode?

Tue May 23, 2017 1:25 am

Surely it is possible to run this in a window?

I mean every other Ageod has this option

ETF
Captain

Re: Window Mode?

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:19 pm

I couldn't find a way. Would be nice though :)

Captain_Orso

Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:53 am

Yes, it can be run in windowed mode. Run AGESetting.exe and set windowed mode and choose with or without window borders.

I would suggest using without borders, because with borders it is problematic to move the pointer to outside the window, without forcing the map to scroll, because when the pointer is over a border, it still causes scrolling. But by all means, try out what works best for you.

Also, if the window size you choose is equal to or greater than either of your monitor's native resolution measurements, the game window will be larger than that and one border or the other will always be out of view, along with a small stripe of the map. This is because the window size you choose is the playing area and not the actual window itself.

EG the native resolution of your monitor is 1024x786. If the window size you choose uses height 786, the game window itself will be greater than 786. When you put the top edge of the game at the top edge of your monitor, the map will extend beyond the lower edge of your monitor, which can make some things difficult to do in the game.

One thing you can do though, is to edit Display.opt manually to implement a non-standard window resolution. Try to pick a standard width though, because using a strange width can mess with the way the Stack Panel etc displays and works.

Dtodd33
Civilian

Sat May 26, 2018 8:27 pm

I tried both stand alkne and steam version. Both methods worked but I went with " Bordered " selelection. This allowed me to move game between monitors

Captain_Orso

Sun May 27, 2018 3:09 pm

I don't have multiple monitors, so I have no experience with this, but in borderless mode, you still get a title bar at the top of the game window (as long as your game window is shorter that your monitor's height resolution, which should always be the case), which you can use to drag it to another location. I would have expected that you could also drag the game window onto another monitor, the same as you can with any other window, since logically your desktop is simply extended across additional monitors.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”