Khanti
Sergeant

Question: dispirited leader

Mon May 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Admiral Villeneuve has ability of dispirited leader (sometimes displayed as level:1).
So the question is: can this ability be leveled?
If he increase his experience, will he be dispirited leader level:2 or spirited level:1 ? :)
/charismatic level:1/

I know it's difficult to use such a leader, but out of curiosity, I'd like to know.
Meteoryt-like user. Strikes and disappears.

Captain_Orso

Re: Question: dispirited leader

Mon May 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Generally, with the increase of a leader's experience, his offensive and defensive values, and the affects of his abilities will increase as well. For example, once a leader has reached Experience Level 1 (EL1) he then has a star on his characteristics card in the element detail window(1). At 1 EL a leaders defensive values gains +1. At 2 EL his offensive value gains +1. At EL 3 he gains another +1 to his defensive value, etc.

On the first tab of the element detail window, you will also find the ability icons of an element, if the element has any. Each ability icon has a tool-tip explaining their characteristics, including at which EL their characteristics will increase.

Characteristics will not improve with every EL gained. Many defensive abilities will improve only on odd numbered EL's (eg 1, 3, 5...), while many offensive abilities will improve only on even EL's (eg 2, 4, 6, etc).

Some abilities do not change at all. Dispirited Leader may just be one of them. Check the ability tool-tip, and don't forget to report your findings here ;)

(1) Select a stack with a leader on the map
- click on the leader's unit in the Stack Panel at the bottom of the map to open the Unit Panel to the right of the Stack Panel
- click on the leader's NATO symbol to open his characteristics in the element detail window on the right side of the map
- - each star you find here is 1 EL. Tool-tip's of the star(s), even if gray, show further information on XP's (eXperience Points) and EL.

Khanti
Sergeant

Tue May 23, 2017 8:31 am

Hm, ... my stars are silent about abilities.
They only sing about experience.

Tool-tip's of the star(s), even if gray, show information on XP's ..... and nothing more.
No luck then.
Meteoryt-like user. Strikes and disappears.

Captain_Orso

Tue May 23, 2017 8:40 am

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Check the tool-tip of the ability icon(s).

The EL stars tool-tip tells you about eXperience Points and EL's only, but the element's EL level may affect the abilities of the element.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”