joemcmullin
Conscript

Expeditionary Forces permanently fixed?

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Switzerland give me a bunch of units as part of me requesting exp. forces...except they are ALL permantly fixed in placed until attacked...What the heck is that about??

Colonel Marbot
Lieutenant

Re: Expeditionary Forces and sizes

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:16 am

Expeditionary forces granted to you are movable, so if you are trying to move swiss units that are fixed, it may be that the expeditionary force is elsewhere. You might try checking under stacks where your other units are. I don't recall in my most recent campaign that many swiss troops were offered. I think just a couple of garrison/depot sized units that I used in eastern Europe during the Russian Campaign.

From my memory this is what I remember getting from my allies:

1 Poland provided me with an entire corp.
2. Italy and Holland both provided the equivalent of two divisions, each.
3. Naples, Spain, Bavaria and Westphalia provided me with the equivalent of one division, each.
(Spain and Holland also gave me one good sized fleet each).
4. Berg and other minor allies gave me the equivalent of a couple of Brigades.
5. Denmark, Ottomans, never gave me any forces.

Captain_Orso

Re: Expeditionary Forces permanently fixed?

Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:31 pm

When you get an Expeditionary Force, you should also in that turn get a message naming the stack(s) given to you. The background color of those units should change to the background color of your faction for units of that type, plus the faction crest of arms at the top of the unit should change to your factions crest of arms.

I would be very interested in seeing a screenshot of those stacks your received from the Swiss, if you could manage that.

Offworlder
General

Re: Expeditionary Forces and sizes

Sun May 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Colonel Marbot wrote:Expeditionary forces granted to you are movable, so if you are trying to move swiss units that are fixed, it may be that the expeditionary force is elsewhere. You might try checking under stacks where your other units are. I don't recall in my most recent campaign that many swiss troops were offered. I think just a couple of garrison/depot sized units that I used in eastern Europe during the Russian Campaign.

From my memory this is what I remember getting from my allies:

1 Poland provided me with an entire corp.
2. Italy and Holland both provided the equivalent of two divisions, each.
3. Naples, Spain, Bavaria and Westphalia provided me with the equivalent of one division, each.
(Spain and Holland also gave me one good sized fleet each).
4. Berg and other minor allies gave me the equivalent of a couple of Brigades.
5. Denmark, Ottomans, never gave me any forces.

Lucky you... I haven't had one Minor State giving me expeditionary forces in years...

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”