RK1855
Conscript

Grande Armee times 2

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:31 pm

So Napoleon and his Grande Armee are shacked up in Paris. Meanwhile I am building a load of troops in Strasbourg and wanted a new army there to accommodate the new troops. There was a 3 star general in Napoleons Grande Armee so I used him to create a new army but the new army is also called Grande Armee so I now have 2 armies with the same name and the new one now has the gold star attached to its tab not Napoleons. I also created a new corp that attached itself to the new army - which is actually what I wanted. Now however when I click on either of the the 2 armies then the attached corp no longer turn red and vice-versa when I click on one of the corps the army no longer turns red either.

So any idea why

1) The new army has the same name as Napoleons existing army?
2) The gold star has moved from Napoleons army tab to the new army's tab?
3) The associated armies/corp no longer turn red when the relevant army/corp stack is selected?

also is it possible to rename armies/corp/divisions as some of the names make it difficult to work out what they are and if there are 2 armies in close proximity and you create a new corp how can you tell it which army to attach itself to?

Thanks.

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Re: Grande Armee times 2

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:40 pm

To rename an army move the army commander out of the stack. Rename the stack by Alt+click on its tab. Move the commander back in.
The names for armies get generated by the region you form them in. Had you formed an army with your commander back in Boulogne it would probably had gotten the name Armée du Nord (dunno).

Why there should be two Grande Armées I dont know. Maybe a bug.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:51 pm

it's a well known bug, it resets the next turn otherwise you can just do it manually.

RK1855
Conscript

Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Thanks for the replies - what I hadnt noticed was that the icon on the left had side for napoleon was now missing.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”