ETF
Captain

Which two nations for MP?

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:35 am

OK, our first PBEM game with another buddy. We would like to play together.....what nations do you recommend? For say the 1805 scenario?

Oh is there a PBEM step by step instructions online? It has been a few years since I have done PBEM........

Durk

Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:29 am

While it is a bit of a challenge to sort out how to handle all nations, this is my recommendation:
One player plays France, Spain and Turkey.
The other player plays England, Russia, Austria and Prussia.
Do not be shy about playing all diplomatic options and such.
If events bring Spain to revolt, this works as rebel Spain joins the Allied coalition and you let England run them. As with all nations, when they shift coalitions, you agree to allow the other player to control.
Not a bad way for a two player game, and much better than putting any nations into AI.

There is some information online, you could search this site for help. But essentially, you share being the host. Turn one, one of you plays all their factions and saves. Then sends all file to the other. Then, in all subsequent turns turns, you put all files into the game folder, then:
You make your move
Execute the game turn
Make your next move and save
Then send all files to your opponent.

ETF
Captain

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Thanks Durk!
Can one not play against the French AI? Can one play say Prussia and Austria? Would both like to play in a land coalition....would that work?

Durk

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:21 am

Well yes, of course, you can play versus the French AI. I have a personal bias against using AI for a major nation as no matter how good AI might be it is never as good as a human player.
So try the two nation combo, especially if you are new to AGEOD games, it will be fun. But as you learn, you will prefer player led factions.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”