Nappy
Corporal

Command radius

Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:02 pm

What actually affects the command radius of an army commander?

Just their personal stats/talents (historical), or do other factors like weather, location, supply, unit types...make a difference?

The reason I ask, I'm really into creating armies with different HQ types, signals, balloons, etc...I know they add to CP, but, I was just wondering about that command radius since I have been experimenting with different army formations.

Nappy
Corporal

Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:34 pm

And, what's the command radius of a corps?

lycortas2
Captain

Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Corps has no command radius, it is just the stack with the corps commander.

Tyr
Corporal

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:01 pm

Click on the army commander corps, and hit shift, the blue circle will show you the command radius.

Nappy
Corporal

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:04 pm

Ok, say as an example, you have 2 corps working in an area, and you detach several divisions to accomplish different objectives nearby...the only factor, as it applies to command is the location of the army itself?

NOTE: I get the command radius of the army (and the hotkey), I was just thinking...since alot of my operations end up with divisions (or smaller) sent on individual tasks, does any of it matter beyond just taking army command radius into consideration?

Tyr
Corporal

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:33 pm

Divisions are operating independently of the corps. Therefore, they are subject to the highest ranking officer's command in their stack. I am not sure if March to the Guns works for divisions, but I know a Corps HQ will trigger the corps to march (if it makes the roll).

Captain_Orso

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:24 pm

Chain-of-Command only works with Army Stacks and Corps Stacks. Any units outside of these two, are outside the Chain-of-Command.

A pseudo-exception to this is if the division is in the same region as a corps stack, the highest ranking leader in the region, probably the corps commander, will still be in command if there is a battle in the region.

MTSG is only for Army and Corps Stacks. Not other stacks will MTSG.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”