Varin
Conscript

Treaty of Tilst not working?

Fri May 27, 2016 4:08 pm

hi,

Just had the Treaty of Tilst fire and the pop up said that I should have got Hamburg and Magdeburg but they are still Prussian. Any way to fix this?

While I am on subject there is nothing I can see in game that tells me what the conditions are for historical treaties.
If you do not read forums how do you know Treaties exist?

Perhaps a locked decree is added when you go to war so you know.

thanks

Kev_uk
Colonel

Fri May 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Tilsit needs Hamburg, Danzig, Koeinsburg, Warsaw and I think Lodz (maybe that is the Duchy of Poland however). You need several divisions to be in place to fire it.

Varin
Conscript

Fri May 27, 2016 5:20 pm

I got the Tilst Event ok just did not get the rewards so was a waste of effort matching all that way. Could have got a better settlement with the diplomacy system. Shame I was really enjoying this game too.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Fri May 27, 2016 9:15 pm

You get Magdeburg and Hamburg? Plus also if you do the Duchy of Warsaw event you get a whole new allied country - nukes Prussian abilities later on (although I have never quite got to invading Russia yet).

Varin
Conscript

Sat May 28, 2016 4:22 pm

No I didn't get Magdeburg or Hamburg, they are still Prussian that's the problem. Treaty was a waste of time and effort. For some reason it did not work right.

It fired ok but I did not get any territory gains.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Sat May 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Hmm. You had Koeinsburg, Danzig, Berlin, right? I think the Decree tells you what to have before it works, perhaps you clicked on it and one of the conditions were not met? If you do it in 1807 and have Warsaw and Lodz and several divisions there, then you have the option of Duchy of Warsaw - best fire that first as you need to be at war with Prussia for that one to work. Other than that...I do not know - but it has worked for me in my current game against the AI, and I am sure if it is bugged someone here would have spotted it. Check the conditions again.

Varin
Conscript

Sun May 29, 2016 12:18 am

I had all the conditions, the treaty fired and peace was signed. The game confirmed it in the messages. I got the VP I think just did not get Hamburg and Magdeburg given to France. Am at peace with Prussia now so ..... dunno.

thanks anyway, nice of you to help.
Maybe I'll wait for next patch and have another go then.

Nappy
Corporal

Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Same thing happened to me just yesterday. I controlled ALL Prussian citys except for that last one way up in the north east corner, year is 1806.

And, I suppose why would it even offer the treaty if you do meet the requirements anyways?

Nappy
Corporal

Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:43 pm

Went back a few turns delayed the offer until I have control of every prussian town, large and small, and I also have a garrison in each and every town....and yet, I still have the same problem that Hamburg and Magdeburg (and surrounding areas) do NOT become French territories. :mad:

So, what are the EXACT conditions needed for the treaty to function properly? Note: The tool tip doesn't list conditions, only affects after agreeing.

Year?
Diplomatic conditions:? (Obviously war with prussia)
Controlled areas:?
Garrisons:?
Other stuff:? Example, Warsaw already liberated?

Tyr
Corporal

Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:58 am

Tilsit is not working properly for me either. I am not getting all of the control as specified by the game and treaty conditions. Yet another issue of the game being broken.

Furthermore, I agree that the designers need to add these special treaties to the menu so we know what conditions are necessary for future treaties. Then again, I suppose we all have to be Napoleonic Wars experts and just intuitively know.

Nappy
Corporal

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:05 pm

After experimenting, yes, Hamburg/Magdeburg and a few surrounding areas do transfer to french control, it takes about a month for it "activate". And as a side note, this still operates even if you have done the Westphalia creation.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”