veji1 wrote:There are still some loose ends that could be tied together, I just figured I'd point some that I have seen up to now in my latest game started under the April 11th patch (btw thanks for the big data improvement for troop names, it's awesome !) :
- As the french The Neuchatel regiments can now be recruited in Besançon, but the swiss ones just can't be recruited...
- When the HRE is dissolved and the RHC created early 1806, the RHC is neutral which means that french can't pass throught it, etc... Makes no sense.
- The expeditionary force system still needs work or to be circumvented for quasi-vassals : leave it as a tool for multiplayer for example, but otherwise just give F4 decisions to get the equivalent from vassals : every so and so the french player would get cards giving him access for some EPs or money or VPs or what to some troops from its vassals/minions (KOI, Holland, Switzerland, RHC, Westphalia, Poland, etc...). The current system really is just cumbersome and doesn't work.
- The supply situation is still very tricky re flow and production within allies / neutrals / recently defeated ennemies.
- The AI still has weird warmongering issues : in the 2 games I started since the latest patch each time the Austrians have DOWed me fairly quickly after Pressburg. Why ? Did I stay there too long (in which case this needs fixing) ? Was there something making the peace conditions obsolete very quickly ?
Just quoting a thread I started in April : none of the things I had signaled have been significantly improved... this is 8 months after the game is out.
It really is a shame, all I want is a game to have fun with when it have time to play on some evenings or in the train. My kid is on holiday and I am back at work this week, I have sparetime some evenings, and in the game I am currently playing my allies accept or not lending me troops but without effect, I have to run around capturing cities in Prussia as fast as I can before starving even though I have built depots every second province back all the way to Köln, the Swiss regiments still can't be recruited, and the RHC has appeared even though I haven't dissolved the HRE because i have had to start war with Prussia before finishing of Austria as it had declared war on Wurtemberg...
I really want to love this game as much as I loved AACW, but to no avail. I thing I am going to buy myself an old stable version of Pro Cycling Manager like PCM 2013 and play that for a while, I hope this game will be fixed, because in probably 1000 turns of play time I have never reached past late 1807, never had the opportunity to pay the spanish Ulcer which I imagined to be bugged as hell since it's even further down the road than the buggy start.....
I have, I think, been constructive in my inputs and criticism of this game since day 1, I am an old Ageod Grognard if seldom active on the forums beyond AACW and WON boards, but I am starting to think that this game is a lost cause. I am happy I supported Ageod by buying it because I hope they keep making games, I like the niche they are in and what they try to do, but I will have to label this game as a miss at this stage.
To keep my good spirits and not become increasingly irritated, I am going to shelve it for a while and will go back to it once the clamour of "all has been fixed, come along fellow players" starts being overwhelming, which I hope will happen asap.