kosmoface
Corporal

I know...

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:40 pm

...this game had problems and has some, but I just wanted to say: I LOVE THIS GAME so very much.

I always liked NCP and this is just a dream come true. Every time I start it I am so happy.

Thank you for making it!

:thumbsup: :D

Taillebois
General of the Army

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:34 am

Oh dear, they won't love you here for saying you like NCP.

But I agree, every time I start it up I smile at the beauty of the map.

I still haven't tried the "Spanish Ulcer" scenario though - I like to do games in a session or two and 300 or so turns is too many for me - hence my purchase of WON was really just support for AGEOD and the hope that a few more scenarios might be launched.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:32 pm

NCP was good - it was the first game that made me aware of AGEOD - then I went onto AACW and Wars in America (BoA2), then the WW1 game, then RuS etc. One of my favorite wargame developers. WoN has potential however, enjoying it a lot.

kosmoface
Corporal

Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:18 pm

My first game was ROP, which I still hold in high esteem, because it sucked me in from one second to another. I played the tutorial, two days later I finished the campaign. NCP was special in its nature and yeah all that was missing, was the great campaign. I have bought most games from Ageod, except some Civil War games.

I fired NCP up from time to time, because the scenarios where very slick and it is just fun to play in my eyes. Now playing the great campaign that was always missing, is just, my today-me and my back-then-me are simply happy about it, haha.

I just wanted to say something positive about WON since a lot are angry because of some things.

PhilThib

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:48 am

Thanks Kosmoface :thumbsup:

Pocus

Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:50 am

Yes, most people will only post about a problem or bug and even if that's totally legitimate, it leads to the impression that the game is only about bugs. That's the difference between the vocal minority and the silent majority :)

And that's good to hear a positive feedback. Our games are admittedly quite complex in code and data and the engine has now some years, so we know they are not 'perfect'.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

marek1978
Colonel

Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:45 pm

yep!!!

great game

kosmoface wrote:...this game had problems and has some, but I just wanted to say: I LOVE THIS GAME so very much.

I always liked NCP and this is just a dream come true. Every time I start it I am so happy.

Thank you for making it!

:thumbsup: :D

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”