marek1978
Colonel

Spanish Succesion War with WON Engine?

Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:43 pm

perhaps?

Pocus

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:36 am

who knows!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Fernando M.
Conscript

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:50 pm

So many wars that would be cool to play with WON engine... I also thought about Spanish War of Sucession, but also, Austrian War of Sucession and Seven Years War.

marek1978
Colonel

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:42 pm

Fernando M. wrote:So many wars that would be cool to play with WON engine... I also thought about Spanish War of Sucession, but also, Austrian War of Sucession and Seven Years War.

With the same map or more intense one - thats the question. ROP was a great game and one of the reasons was fantastic map

Fernando M.
Conscript

Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:53 pm

marek1978 wrote:With the same map or more intense one - thats the question. ROP was a great game and one of the reasons was fantastic map

Of the AGEOD games I know, I think the 'To End all Wars' to have the better map.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:44 pm

I've just read the chapter on Oudenaarde in Winston Churchill's biography of Marlborough.

This would be a fantastic era to have a war game on but how to model the cunning sudden night marches and feints?

Anyway, I heartily recommend the book to anyone, and for those of you who are interested - Churchill's writing is superb - he got a Nobel prize for literature.

marek1978
Colonel

Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Fernando M. wrote:Of the AGEOD games I know, I think the 'To End all Wars' to have the better map.

The best ageod map was Rise of Prussia one.
I guess that for Spanish Succession War one would need only western Europe map ( say cut at Oder or Vistula)
That could allow to increase number of regions – especially in Low Countries , Rheine Valley, Alsace, Bavaria and northern Italy – where most of the action of the war was located and where one would need more place to maneuver…

marek1978
Colonel

Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Taillebois wrote:I've just read the chapter on Oudenaarde in Winston Churchill's biography of Marlborough.

This would be a fantastic era to have a war game on but how to model the cunning sudden night marches and feints?

Anyway, I heartily recommend the book to anyone, and for those of you who are interested - Churchill's writing is superb - he got a Nobel prize for literature.

Well, once you play tense PBEM in northern Virginia or Mississippi valley in CWII or read great AAR by Loki about his struggle with Rise of Prussia or Wars in America you can imagine loads of guessing, counter marching , creating a trap and so on….

One thing someone would need would be more provinces in most contested regions and more struggle for supply lines and river control. Once you read history of Spanish succession war you see that war was much more about starving rather than killing your enemy…

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”