MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Two Questions

Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Hello. I just wanted to check on how the game is playing regarding two significant historical periods. I've read about bugs and I'm checking to see if they have been fixed.

First, how is the Spanish Ulcer playing out? I've read about diplomatic problems when going from Bourbon Spain to French Spain and then British control. Are these bugs still present?

Second, has anyone played through to a point of Russian invasion? Has anyone invaded Russia as France and her allies, and if so, have you encountered significant diplomatic, military, or supply bugs?

I'm asking because I've been holding off playing this game until major bugs (most of them diplomatic and supply related) have been worked out. From what I can tell, Pressburg, Rhine Confederation, and Tilsit bugs have been worked out, for the most part...as well as weird CBs and the inability to build depots and pass supply through allies.

Thanks in advance!

MJ

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Kind of surprised there were no responses to this.

I guess I'll ask it this way...

Developers: are you planning to fix the bugs reported on the Spanish Ulcer portion of the game? Have you determined these to be real bugs, or isolated problems players are having for other reasons? Along with this, do you know of any diplomatic or supply bugs associated with France invading Russia? If such bugs exist for either of these situations, will these be addressed in the next patch?

Thanks!

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:10 pm

There are a few supply issues. I've got foreign access into Prussia and no supply is flowing through Prussia, though there are depots along the way. No supply seems to be borrowed from Prussia either. This means that only the Duchy of Warsaw will provide supply to French troops going into Russia, and possibly some ports though Britain can shut those down. With Austria and Prussia in between France and Russia, my guess is without some engine changes to foreign/supply access, Russia can't be done right now.

There's still diplomatic issues. I conquered Austria and 6 turns later they had an infringement cassus belli and declared war. My solution was to enforce peace between the two countries for the duration of the treaty by removing the diWar diplomatic item, setting the faction relationship to 0 and adding the foreign access each turn that peace exists. In other words, I put a work around for the diplomatic engine to remove some of the wonky stuff its doing.

Same issues exist within Spain (Joe declaring war on Nappy) and now that people have made aware the diplomatic issues there, I'll do something similar and enforce peace within a script to overcome the diplomatic engine.

ess1
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:04 am

Your efforts must truly be appreciated by all of us.

I well remember the PON multi pbem some years ago - think it was the first one shortly after release. Thanks to a few dedicated players it was made to function. I expect WON to be similar.

Ace

Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:47 am

The game works if you intend to declare war on everyone and conquer the world withou signing peace treaties. If you want to roleplay history, there are few bumps on the way. Russia has been invaded and conquered, but that was with Prussia fully occupied, not with Prussia as neutral nation.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:33 pm

Ace wrote:The game works if you intend to declare war on everyone and conquer the world withou signing peace treaties. If you want to roleplay history, there are few bumps on the way. Russia has been invaded and conquered, but that was with Prussia fully occupied, not with Prussia as neutral nation.

+1

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”