zooter
Captain

negating a peace treaty

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:55 pm

problem: my allies are being attacked by countries who I have peace treaties with and I cannot declare war on them. I just sit idly by while they gobble up my allies. Is there a work around to deal with this problem?

zooter
Captain

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:56 pm

The only alternative I see now is to never accept peace and be constantly at war

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:27 pm

zooter wrote:problem: my allies are being attacked by countries who I have peace treaties with and I cannot declare war on them. I just sit idly by while they gobble up my allies. Is there a work around to deal with this problem?

This is a problem in the engine, akin to a bug. If the system worked attacking a member of your alliance (ie french or british alliance, the green hand with the golden star) should automatically put you at war with them, and attacking a country you are allied with (simple green hand) should give a player an automatic CB and create a red message does springs you directly to the F6 ledger about declaring war to the attacking country, all you'd have to od is click Ok or No.

Right now you are stuck.

squidelica
Sergeant

Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:03 pm

yup this issue is totally game breaking for me, it really needs to get sorted, i hope it get fixed

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:08 pm

squidelica wrote:yup this issue is totally game breaking for me, it really needs to get sorted, i hope it get fixed

I am sure it will be, it isn't changing some core design, it's adjusting some settings in the diplomatic engine. They will get to it eventually.

Pocus

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:54 am

You mean I can work around the obligation to be at peace with say Austria by attacking any country they are allied with? Sounds like a nice exploit to me!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”