Papa Thomas
Corporal

Pressburg followed by Austria war

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:48 am

Playing as France in the January 19 Beta. 2 turns after the peace of Pressburg (thanks for fixing that by the way), Austria declared war on Bavaria which of course means I am back at war with Austria again. Is there a way for you to script that countries are unable to declare war against a power or its allies for a certain amount of time after a peace.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:50 am

Same happened to me. Even worse, I slapped Austria around again then made peace thinking as leader of the alliance it would lead to the end of the Austrian bavarian war. Alas it continues and I know have to forge a cb to save my ally...there is an issue here.

TC271
Sergeant

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Diplo AI is completely screwy at the moment - also seeing this problem with Saxony in my game declaring war on other French allies even after it changes sides.

TO fix this while awaiting a patch you can use this:

1. Bring up console using ';' key
2. Enter this command 'diploadd aus bav 19'

THis should force a peace treaty on the AI - be warned as soon as the peace treaty expires you will need to renter the command.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:25 pm

TC271 wrote:Diplo AI is completely screwy at the moment - also seeing this problem with Saxony in my game declaring war on other French allies even after it changes sides.

TO fix this while awaiting a patch you can use this:

1. Bring up console using ';' key
2. Enter this command 'diploadd aus bav 19'

THis should force a peace treaty on the AI - be warned as soon as the peace treaty expires you will need to renter the command.

It is very frustrating because it looks like the devs built way too much and too complicated an AI in this game where even minor countries "think" about various criteria to make silly decisions.. tha Austria ends up reattacking Bavaria mere weeks after the Pressburg treaty is just absurd. the defeated party in a war should have a "48 turns no war declaration against any of the allies of the victoriou alliance" condition implemented (where Saxony is treated like having accepted a separate peace with the french while switching alliance.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:37 pm

To be honest this is also very frustrating because I remember when we were debating in the NGC forums about a NGC 2 and people all wanted a very rich GC, with diplomacy and all, I was part of those advising less ambition, a more simple and mechanic diplomatic engine where minors are mainly pawns and not sui generis AIs like now... Now it all looks so complicated, just like Minors now stay in there territory i am sure one day will end up with quasi inert minor diplomatic AIs, which will be for the best !

lodilefty

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:00 pm

Hmmm, the Peace Signed event includes this:

AI.SetDiploItemBias = FRA;*War*;0;*Peace*;200;*CB*;0;*Military*;0;*Supply*;0;*Passage*;0;*DipSupport*;0;*ExpForces*;0;*ExpFleets*;0
AI.SetDiploItemBias = BAV;*War*;0;*Peace*;200;*CB*;0;*Military*;0;*Supply*;0;*Passage*;0;*DipSupport*;0;*ExpForces*;0;*ExpFleets*;0
AI.SetDiploItemBias = KOI;*War*;0;*Peace*;200;*CB*;0;*Military*;0;*Supply*;0;*Passage*;0;*DipSupport*;0;*ExpForces*;0;*ExpFleets*;0

So there may be an engine bug.

Please post the contents of your \Scripts folder, the \Logs folder, and your saved game with the \Backup folders
You may need to use WeTransfer or something similar for the saved game.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Papa Thomas
Corporal

Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Same thing happened with a peace of Saxony. Saxony peace event happened, the next turn Saxony declared war on Bavaria.

[ATTACH]37067[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Jan 19 beta.zip
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 179 times

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Papa Thomas wrote:Same thing happened with a peace of Saxony. Saxony peace event happened, the next turn Saxony declared war on Bavaria.

[ATTACH]37067[/ATTACH]

Yeah Bavaria seems to be the wheeping boy... Used to happen with Wurtemberg before as well.

squidelica
Sergeant

Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:04 pm

when playing as France, prussia and saxony declared war on bavaria after the pressburg peace, when saxony changed sides they made peace with france but stayed at war with the other French allies

Offworlder
General

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Could it be possible that if a minor has an alliance with a major (full or defensive alliance), whoever is attacking such a minor has to declare war on the major?

Or somehow, that such types of alliances weigh so much on a prospective attacker that such an attack will essentially constitute a declaration of war on a major power? This approach will also make coalitions even more useful as one would shelter behind/get aid in a fight against a major power.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”