Between PBEM and volunteers, I'm getting some feedback on mod. I'm adjusting as we continue to play test.
1) The AI isn’t sufficient to manage satellites in terms of builds, replacements or economy. So ALL satellites (including Bavaria) are treated as part of France and Saxony starts as Prussian. There’s a loss of flavor, but it’s for game play and allows for the building of multi-national forces, since expeditionary forces only gives a single unit (no way you can build 200,000 multi-national forces with the game as is). So it’s a trade-off.
2) All major powers have the ability to move onto a capital of a minor they are at war with 30 elements. If they have 1000 money and 100 EP and they control the capital, the minor will be annexed. This means total control over all economic, military and force pool assets. The cost is 20 relationship to ALL other powers
Changes with this Release
1) I’ve fixed Catalonia, Holland Annexation, Kingdom of Holland, Annexation of Oldenburg, Annexation of Hannover events
2) Date dependencies have been removed from the events
3) Annexation of Holland is dependent upon creating the Kingdom of Holland
4) All events cost 1000 money and 100 EP. This will slow down the French and force French to choose between building troops versus expanding the economy. This will force other major powers the same choices. If I've done this correctly, France will be pretty much done with Kingdom/Annexations by 1810, which is roughly historical, and at the cost of building troops. This will be proven out during play testing.
5) The locked events were unlocking before the player actually met the requirements for firing the event. This meant that firing an event might do nothing because the full criteria wasn't met. I've changed the locked events so they do not unlock until the player has met the full requirements. Also, if a minor has already been annexed via war and conquering the capital, the annexation event will no longer be available.
6) Attrition movement has been reduced
7) Ship replacement cost has been reduced and larger ships require more replacements. This should balance out the replacement cost versus the wildly varying cost of the ship itself.
1) Fix remaining events
2) Adjust economic as needed
3) Fix all of the display text as it is out of date with the event changes
As always, if you are interested in play testing, PM me with your email.