Ironclad
Sergeant

How about getting Ctrl button working if you can't solve the obscuring problem?

Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:45 pm

I'm patched up and using the beta but still have the problem that in the majority of cases I can't see the men total when mousing over the pwr icon because the sub-unit box is overlapping and obscuring it. So a question from an ally of how many troops are being contributed suddenly becomes a complicated thing to answer.

If this can't easily be resolved then how about activating the Ctrl button to access the info (as with your earlier games) as an additional alternative to the mouse over routine?

Trintig
Conscript

Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Yes. Why doesn't the Ctrl button work in this game like it does in all other AGEOD games I have?
The sub-unit window does not only cover the stack total men number (on my laptop), the window also flickers rapidly.

Make Ctrl button work please!

Trintig
Conscript

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:27 am

Question remains - why is the ctrl button function deleted in WON?

Duke76
Corporal

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:47 am

I suppose and hope it's just another little bug/missing to be fixed soon...

Ace

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:15 pm

I dont know why it doesn't work. It fell out with new interface brought with cw2, I don't know why. Not good change imo.

Duke76
Corporal

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Instead of fixing the ctrl functions they could do something much better: number on men/cavs/guns on by default and readable beside the power value...

Pocus

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Too many figures at once... It was dropped because of a limitation of the new interface but this is logged for future improvement, I'll return to that once bugs and crashes are gone.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Trintig
Conscript

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:23 am

Thanks. And priority understood and supported.

Ironclad
Sergeant

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:49 am

And in the meantime - what about the Ctrl function or dealing with the obscuring problem?

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:22 pm

Ironclad wrote:And in the meantime - what about the Ctrl function or dealing with the obscuring problem?

You would think just moving the force composition display panel up to the middle of the screen would fix it and be very easy to do no?

Pocus

Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:43 pm

That will overlap with the army outliner where leaders are...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Pocus wrote:That will overlap with the army outliner where leaders are...

Sure but the point is that the player only puts the cursor above the combat power numbers of a unit when :
- He wants to see how many men / guns / horses are in the units in the stack and the stack overall.
- he wants to have a look at the composition of a unit, say a composite division, to see what is inside (how many brigades, are they autonomous batteries, etc) because he might be thinking about changing his force structure.

These 2 actions are transitory, the player doesn't want this information displayed all the time, only when he puts the cursor there. I don't see why it would be a probleme if it obscures the map or army outliners for a few seconds. But the fact that the unit composition can sometimes prevent you to see the number of men in the stack is a big problem since it's one of the 2 reasons one does this manouver in the first place !

Honestly just moving the panel a bit higher onto the map would make it all simpler and I don't think it's complicated to do no ? Just my 2 cents of course.

gekkoguy82
Major

Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:06 pm

The issue of obscuring occurs for me only on smaller screens. I experience it on my laptop, but not my desktop. For my part, I would love to have the ctrl button functionality back, like it was before CWII. It really threw me for a loop when I first started playing that game and couldn't use Ctrl any more.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”