veji1 wrote:I see that Brigs and sloops have a fairly big chance of being captured with a 15% capture ratio in the unit panel, but capture of ships of the line or frigates seems impossible, whereas it did happen quite a lot. The fact was that the captured ships tended to be very damaged and take a very long time to rebuild, AND when the capture took place far out at see, escorting them back to port could be too dangerous and time consuming. But nevertheless it should be more possible for the victor of a navy battle to capture a ship of the line once in a while, particularly if it isn't a marginal victory but a trouncing.
I suppose it's moddable, i'll have to look at naval units set up.
PhilThib wrote:Can be done...what would be the ideal capture percentage (to represent in particular the fact that few SOL ships captured made it to full operational status under new owner, may be half a dozen for GB) ? 10%?
vicberg wrote:You have to realize that the naval combat IS the land combat mechanics. They are the same. The only thing unique to naval combat is the 'wind gauge' and if someone has it for the combat.
CBT Signature determine who is most likely to be targeted. Then range determines who shoots. Then range is reduced and more units can fire until you get to range 0. The battle display shows boarding at range 0, which is different than the "assault" shown during land combat.
You can't buy replacements for captured ships. So I don't think they will repair at all, which overall could work.
Naval combat uses the same hide/evade/detect process that land does. So small fleets/ships, should be able to evade, providing it's all setup correctly in the game files.
Edit: alt+click on a tab to rename the fleet. The engine doesn't magically come up with names. They are embedded in the model file.
Narwhal wrote:Maybe too complicated, but create "captured" ship tokens from won battle - slow and not really able to fight, and if they are brought to a few large ports + RGB they have 30% chance of being converted into a worthwhile ship, 50% chance of being lost with maybe a minor win in ressource and 20% chance of no-effect ?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests