TC271
Sergeant

Rhine Confederacy

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:51 am

I have formed it but it refuses all requests for access/supply rights which strikes me as a but odd considering its supposed to be a vassal state of France?

Is this working as intended?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:27 am

Can you check again. Here's the code for RHC

SelectFaction = FRA
AddDiploItem = RHC;$diAllianceMembership;CURRENT

Looks good to me. Alliance Membership should give foreign access.

TC271
Sergeant

Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:14 am

vicberg wrote:Can you check again. Here's the code for RHC

SelectFaction = FRA

Looks good to me. Alliance Membership should give foreign access.

Cheers Vicberg I will check this out when I get home - just to be clear:

1. What file is this in?
2. Can I edit it so the RHC is an ally in the game?

Captain_Orso

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:32 pm

That is from an event, which if you already have the Rhine Conf. will not fire again.

What Vicberg is saying is that being a member of the Alliance inherently gives all members Access Right in all member states. A separate treaty which could be turned on or off again is not necessary, as long as the Alliance exists.

TC271
Sergeant

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:37 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:That is from an event, which if you already have the Rhine Conf. will not fire again.

What Vicberg is saying is that being a member of the Alliance inherently gives all members Access Right in all member states. A separate treaty which could be turned on or off again is not necessary, as long as the Alliance exists.

The event fired but we are not in an alliance and infact they dont like me (France) very much 0 relations and refuse to answer any treaty requests.

Playing latest beta patch 1.02

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:54 pm

I think I see the problem.

When HRE is disolved, this gets spawned

evt_nam_FRA_RhineConfederacy in GC1805_OptionsDip.sct

When France fires event it kicks off two events, which are
SetEvtOccurs = evt_nam_RHC_RhineConfederacy;MaxOccurs;1 in RHC Events.sct
SetEvtOccurs = evt_nam_CMN_ConfederationRhine1806;MaxOccurs;1 in GC1805_FlavorEvents.sct

RHC_RhineConfederacy adjusts faction relationships and adds the diplomatic item
CMN_ConfederationRhine generates troops

The problem is within RHC_RhineConfederacy

StartEvent = evt_nam_RHC_RhineConfederacy|0|0|NULL|NULL|$Frankfurt|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1807/01/01

So you click on event, and one of the two events doesn't fire. Change MinDate to 1806, rollback, fire off event again and it will work

squidelica
Sergeant

Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:24 pm

i had the same problem as well, so just to clarify I should restore previous turns and use the console to fire the event?

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:11 pm

- Go to c:\program files (x86)\matrix games\wars of napoleon\ngc\events
- open RHC Events.sct
- find evt_nam_RHC_RhineConfederacy;
- change MinDate to 1806/01/01
- save

Once that is done, you can rollback turn and choose event again. If you can't rollback, you can fire evt_nam_RHC_RhineConfederacy from console.

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:13 pm

I have also had the same problem. The Rhine Confederation event fires and the Rhine Confederation is created. But they allow full foreign access to Austria, but none to France. Vicberg, I also went through the code and didn't see the MinDate = 1807/01/01 problem you saw. I only saw 1806/01/01 min dates for all of the Rhine Confederation events. Additionally, I went and added this code myself:

SelectFaction = FRA

StartEvent = evt_nam_FRA_RhineConfederacyb|1|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions

Actions

SelectFaction = FRA
SelectFaction = FRA

EndEvent

...and it didn't cause France to ally with RHC. Is there something wrong in my code? I named it Rhine Confederacyb so the program wouldn't see it as an event already run. How do we get RHC to ally with France?

Thank!

MJ

Quick edit: Not sure why there is a space in the last NULL word written. It isn't like that in the code. Must be a discrepancy when copying something from Notepad and pasting it into this site's messaging system. Anyway, just to be clear, there is nothing wrong with part of the code, anyway.

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Sorry, vicberg. Just saw your above post. I was looking in the wrong file. I now see what you're saying about 1807 min dates. I will change it. Also, how do you use the in-game console to write events? Do you use the same scripting language as when you use Notepad in the 1805 Flavor Events file??

Thanks!

MJ

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Once again, while I have your expert attention, I was trying an experiment to see if I could write my own events with pictures, changes, the the whole thing. Anyway, I've tried this one below a few times. The event fires in some way, because money changes hands, but it won't show up in my Event Log, nor will the newspaper article with picture show up. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

SelectFaction = FRA

StartEvent = evt_nam_FRA_PeaceOfTheDanube_withRussiad|1|2|evt_txt_FRA_Tsar Alexander I agreed to pay Imperial France 1.2 million francs as part of the peace treaty signed outside Vienna|Event-img_CMN_AlexanderIWarIndemnities|NULL|NULL

Conditions

Actions

SelectFaction = FRA
SelectFaction = FRA
ChangeMoneyPool = 1

SelectFaction = RUS
SelectFaction = RUS
ChangeMoneyPool = 1

EndEvent

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:21 pm

There's no GenText = str_.....

That generates a message. SelectFaction = 'CMN' if you want message to go to everyone. The str_ has to be in localstrings under settings. That's a pain to work with. You MUST save as csv, semi-colon delimited and that can be a struggle with newer versions of excel.

FYI, you don't need select faction twice. That happens when someone puts a SELECTFACTION statement in the script excel spreadsheets. That's not needed as the CSV Splitter automatically generates a selection faction from the spreadsheet.

So you might see selectfaction = 'FRA' selectfaction 'FRA' twice in a row. not needed.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:25 pm

Forcing an event is bringing up console and then typing forceevent (something like that) and FULL pathname to the file containing the event.

lodilefty

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:36 pm

vicberg wrote:Forcing an event is bringing up console and then typing forceevent (something like that) and FULL pathname to the file containing the event.

type ? in console for commands and syntax help
AFAIK, full path not needed in forceevent as long as event script file is in \NGC\Events of your installation folder
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:41 pm

vicberg wrote:There's no GenText = str_.....

That generates a message. SelectFaction = 'CMN' if you want message to go to everyone. The str_ has to be in localstrings under settings. That's a pain to work with. You MUST save as csv, semi-colon delimited and that can be a struggle with newer versions of excel.

FYI, you don't need select faction twice. That happens when someone puts a SELECTFACTION statement in the script excel spreadsheets. That's not needed as the CSV Splitter automatically generates a selection faction from the spreadsheet.

So you might see selectfaction = 'FRA' selectfaction 'FRA' twice in a row. not needed.

Sorry, vicberg. Not following you. I add events through Notepad directly into the GC 1805 Flavor Events file. When I then advance a turn, the event fires. I don't use Excel at all. And I'm not sure what you mean by Gen txt = str... Not sure what that refers to as I can't remember seeing it in any of the event codes in the Event files. Typically I study these as they appear in Notepad to learn the proper syntax. Like I said, I can usually get the event to fire, and usually the effects as well, but haven't been able to get the 1|2| to fire so that my picture loaded into the graphics file and the "newspaper" page opens after I advance a turn. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Sorry. I guess I'll need more explanation. All of this seemed to work like a charm with PoN.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:11 pm

GenTextMsg = opt_notify_NewGovOption;1;NULL;NULL;NULL

Go to Wiki to look at GenTextMsg. Multiple configurations for it and one of them is the "newspaper" you are looking for.

SelectFaction = 'CMN' just before the gentext if you want to go to everyone.

timrt
Conscript

Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:12 am

Following thread, can edit in notepad but cant save. What am I doing wrong? (Windows 10)

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:16 am

permissions. dont know how to fix in win10.

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:56 am

timrt wrote:Following thread, can edit in notepad but cant save. What am I doing wrong? (Windows 10)

Yo should just be able to right click on the Notepad file, go to properties, go to Permissions, select your user account, and edit permissions. Then click the boxes giving you full permission to edit the file. You should be able to do this for any file you want to edit/save.

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:01 am

vicberg wrote:GenTextMsg = opt_notify_NewGovOption;1;NULL;NULL;NULL

Go to Wiki to look at GenTextMsg. Multiple configurations for it and one of them is the "newspaper" you are looking for.

SelectFaction = 'CMN' just before the gentext if you want to go to everyone.

Okay. Still not clear, unless you mean that the GenTxt msg thing pertains to the StartEvent evt_nam_.... line that begins a new event. Otherwise, I'm not sure. But I'll look at the wiki, like you've said. I've tried looking at the wiki before, and have found a little help now and then, but honestly I'm such a neophyte at all of this that I find a lot of it confusing. I learned best to edit in PoN by finding a script that performs something close to what I want, keeping the important syntax the same, and then filling in the variables with my creations. But I'm finding this harder in WoN for some reason.

Captain_Orso

Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:39 am

Copy the original file to a location where you are allowed to edit files. Edit the file and save the changes. Now copy the edited file back to it's original location--overwriting the original file. Windows will tell you that this is not allowed, but if your account has Administrative privileges, you will be asked to complete the actions with Administrative privileges. Confirm this and the original file will be overwritten.

Captain_Orso

Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:43 am

MarshalJean wrote:Yo should just be able to right click on the Notepad file, go to properties, go to Permissions, select your user account, and edit permissions. Then click the boxes giving you full permission to edit the file. You should be able to do this for any file you want to edit/save.

Copy the original file to a location where you are allowed to edit files. Edit the file and save the changes. Now copy the edited file back to it's original location--overwriting the original file. Windows will tell you that this is not allowed, but if your account has Administrative privileges, you will be asked to complete the actions with Administrative privileges. Confirm this and the original file will be overwritten.

MarshalJean wrote:Okay. Still not clear, unless you mean that the GenTxt msg thing pertains to the StartEvent evt_nam_.... line that begins a new event. Otherwise, I'm not sure. But I'll look at the wiki, like you've said. I've tried looking at the wiki before, and have found a little help now and then, but honestly I'm such a neophyte at all of this that I find a lot of it confusing. I learned best to edit in PoN by finding a script that performs something close to what I want, keeping the important syntax the same, and then filling in the variables with my creations. But I'm finding this harder in WoN for some reason.

You only need to change the MinDate in the evt_nam_RHC_RhineConfederacy event from 1807/01/01 to 1806/01/01. You should not have to change anything else.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:23 am

MarshalJean wrote:Okay. Still not clear, unless you mean that the GenTxt msg thing pertains to the StartEvent evt_nam_.... line that begins a new event. Otherwise, I'm not sure. But I'll look at the wiki, like you've said. I've tried looking at the wiki before, and have found a little help now and then, but honestly I'm such a neophyte at all of this that I find a lot of it confusing. I learned best to edit in PoN by finding a script that performs something close to what I want, keeping the important syntax the same, and then filling in the variables with my creations. But I'm finding this harder in WoN for some reason.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you want a message with the newspaper, right? If so, the script you displayed above needs to have the GenTextMsg command within the Actions. This will generate your message and create the Newspaper popup. Your script is firing, but you aren't getting a message. The message isn't automatically created. You have to use the gentext command to generate the message.

squidelica
Sergeant

Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:54 pm

vicberg wrote:- Go to c:\program files (x86)\matrix games\wars of napoleon\ngc\events
- open RHC Events.sct
- find evt_nam_RHC_RhineConfederacy;
- change MinDate to 1806/01/01
- save

Once that is done, you can rollback turn and choose event again. If you can't rollback, you can fire evt_nam_RHC_RhineConfederacy from console.

thanks

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Copy the original file to a location where you are allowed to edit files. Edit the file and save the changes. Now copy the edited file back to it's original location--overwriting the original file. Windows will tell you that this is not allowed, but if your account has Administrative privileges, you will be asked to complete the actions with Administrative privileges. Confirm this and the original file will be overwritten.

You only need to change the MinDate in the evt_nam_RHC_RhineConfederacy event from 1807/01/01 to 1806/01/01. You should not have to change anything else.

Thanks, CaptainOrso. I did this and can confirm that it works.
But my conversation with vicberg was about something else, namely, how to write new events in such a way that the game opens up the newspaper page with a picture and your event text. Sorry. Separate topic than this thread is about, I admit.

Thanks!

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:15 pm

vicberg wrote:Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you want a message with the newspaper, right? If so, the script you displayed above needs to have the GenTextMsg command within the Actions. This will generate your message and create the Newspaper popup. Your script is firing, but you aren't getting a message. The message isn't automatically created. You have to use the gentext command to generate the message.

This is what I was asking! So, if I'm reading you right, vicberg, something has changed since PoN. In PoN, the "2" in the 1|2| sequence is what told the program to open up a newspaper article in the game (at least as I understood it...I never used the GenTextMsg syntax to create this before, and I did it successfully all the time). So, what I need to do is write an event, keeping everything like I have it above, but then just add the script GenTextMsg under Actions and this will do it?

Thanks!

MJ

Captain_Orso

Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:52 pm

MarshalJean wrote:Thanks, CaptainOrso. I did this and can confirm that it works.
But my conversation with vicberg was about something else, namely, how to write new events in such a way that the game opens up the newspaper page with a picture and your event text. Sorry. Separate topic than this thread is about, I admit.

Thanks!

Yes, I realized that. My point is that both the 'evt_nam_CMN_ConfederationRhine1806' and 'evt_nam_RHC_RhineConfederacy' events, once they have their MaxOccurs set to 1--which will always be at the same time--will always fire once their MinDate has been reached, which when they have the same MinDate, will always be at the same time; without exception. There for, when the one fires with the full event report, you know that the other has also fired; without exception.

Of course, I don't want to discourage you from learning how events work in all their detail and nuance. I can attest, the first time I got an event to output a full message I had created was very satisfying :thumbsup:

TC271
Sergeant

Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Soo err which key brings up the console?

pablius
Sergeant

Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:26 am

I will just add my voice to say that in it´s current form, the Rhine Confederation event is useless to France

It gives France nothing, Austria and Prussia just go on to wage war against the minor german states while peace is still in effect and France can´t protect them

In my case I made the "mistake" of asking Bavaria for an expeditionary force, which they agree upon, now a big chunk of Bavaria`s forces sit on the french side while their Kingdom is invaded, I´m quite sure there will be no way of restoring their lost regions even if I win against Austria and Prussia again

Drake001
Sergeant

Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:42 am

Yeah, the wars on satellites and allies needs to stop.

Rhine Confederacy is disappointing...I mean it is very easy to look-up who was in it and what was what.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”