Nico165
Lieutenant

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Nico165 wrote:Having trouble too with latest beta.

Playing France, Austria is beaten. I get the option to fire the treaty in october 1805. I select it. Next turn, I get the message saying France proposed the treaty. Then nothing for 3 turns. Then Austria propose peace for money only. No other notification about Pressburg. Option no longer available in F4. F6 will only let me get money or disband army/fleet.

Is it normal ?

Link to every save involved : http://we.tl/r11gFQExNY

Here are the script logs. Pressburg event fired in script report 2678. Every trigger was met successfully. It's what happened after which doesn't look too good.

4 turns in a row, the log says this :

Line 37443: Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceSigned
Line 37443: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 0 >>Sleeping<<
Line 37445: Too many occurences for event evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceSigned further processing aborted.
Line 37451: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37454: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37462: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37477: Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceSigned
Line 37477: ------------------------------
Line 37479: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37482: Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_TirolCeded
Line 37482: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 0 >>Sleeping<<
Line 37484: Too many occurences for event evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_TirolCeded further processing aborted.
Line 37489: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37498: SelectFaction, selected: Bavaria
Line 37499: SelectFaction, selected: Bavaria
Line 37608: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37609: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37612: SelectFaction, selected: Württemberg
Line 37619: Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_TirolCeded
Line 37619: ------------------------------
Line 37621: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37624: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37627: Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_VenetiaCeded
Line 37627: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 0 >>Sleeping<<
Line 37629: Too many occurences for event evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_VenetiaCeded further processing aborted.
Line 37634: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37639: SelectFaction, selected: Kingdom of Italy
Line 37640: SelectFaction, selected: Kingdom of Italy
Line 37644: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37648: SelectFaction, selected: Kingdom of Italy
Line 37728: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37729: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37733: Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_VenetiaCeded
Line 37733: ------------------------------
Line 37735: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37738: Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_WarIndemnitiesPaid
Line 37738: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 0 >>Sleeping<<
Line 37740: Too many occurences for event evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_WarIndemnitiesPaid further processing aborted.
Line 37742: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37743: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37750: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37751: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37754: Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_WarIndemnitiesPaid
Line 37754: ------------------------------
Line 37756: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37759: Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceDurationElapsed
Line 37759: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 0 >>Sleeping<<
Line 37761: Too many occurences for event evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceDurationElapsed further processing aborted.
Line 37767: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37768: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37775: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37776: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37779: SelectFaction, selected: Bavaria
Line 37780: SelectFaction, selected: Bavaria
Line 37783: SelectFaction, selected: Kingdom of Italy
Line 37784: SelectFaction, selected: Kingdom of Italy
Line 37787: Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceDurationElapsed

The main event triggered, but the ones implementing the peace did not.

[ATTACH]36904[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Scripts.zip
(706.77 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

Papa Thomas
Corporal

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:19 pm

The only way I could get Pressburg to work was by choosing the Pressburg decree, waiting to see it in events and then open the game as Austria and accept the decree. I am playing 1.02 beta.
You then save and reopen the game as France and undo all the ai actions.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:28 pm

This should be working.

StartEvent = evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_AIActivate|1|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1805/01/01

CheckAILevel = 1
EvalEvent = evt_nam_FRA_PeaceOfPressburg;>=;1

EvalRgnOwned = $Wien;NOT
EvalIsAtWarWith = FRA
EvalMorale = ;<;75
EvalMorale = ;<;FRA
CanPayOption = $gmaOptionGov;AUS_PeaceOfPressburg
SelectSubUnits = Area $Theater_Austria;$Land;Enemy;
EvalSubUnitCount = >=;75
Probability = 100

Actions
ChangeOption = $gmaOptionGov;AUS_PeaceOfPressburg;1

EndEvent

Interpreted:

If France proposed Peace of Pressburg (option), then it will be >= 1
If Austria does not own Wien
If Austria morale is < 75
If Austria morale < France Morale
If Austria can pay for options (they have 10 EP)

Just noticed this and it's questionable

If Austria has > 75 elements in Austria. That should be France has > 75 units.

Pocus

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:18 am

We are still watching with attention all possible issues on this event, rest assured.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lodilefty

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:58 pm

vicberg wrote: SelectSubUnits = Area $Theater_Austria;$Land;Enemy;
EvalSubUnitCount = >=;75

Interpreted:

Just noticed this and it's questionable

If Austria has > 75 elements in Austria. That should be France has > 75 units.

It is selecting Enemies of AUS, so to include FRA and her Allies
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:11 pm

You are right. I'm wrong. SelectSubUnit is looking at enemies.

Nico165
Lieutenant

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:35 pm

lodilefty wrote:It is selecting Enemies of AUS, so to include FRA and her Allies

Yes, in the logs it clearly indicates the number of FRA elements, no problem with that. And this event did fire. My problem was the next events which did not.

vicberg
AGEod Grognard

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:09 pm

On turn you click the french peace, save your orders and open as Austria. Verify that Austria NM < 75.

Captain_Orso

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:57 pm

Or simply press <F9> and look at the Scores & Objectives page ;)

lodilefty

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:01 pm

Nico165 wrote:Yes, in the logs it clearly indicates the number of FRA elements, no problem with that. And this event did fire. My problem was the next events which did not.

Please post saved game and the contnts of the Scripts folder
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Nico165
Lieutenant

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:47 pm

lodilefty wrote:Please post saved game and the contnts of the Scripts folder

No problem, already posted here :)

Nico165 wrote:Having trouble too with latest beta.

Playing France, Austria is beaten. I get the option to fire the treaty in october 1805. I select it. Next turn, I get the message saying France proposed the treaty. Then nothing for 3 turns. Then Austria propose peace for money only. No other notification about Pressburg. Option no longer available in F4. F6 will only let me get money or disband army/fleet.

Is it normal ?

Link to every save involved : http://we.tl/r11gFQExNY

Here are the script logs. Pressburg event fired in script report 2678. Every trigger was met successfully. It's what happened after which doesn't look too good.

4 turns in a row, the log says this :

Line 37443: Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceSigned
Line 37443: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 0 >>Sleeping<<
Line 37445: Too many occurences for event evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceSigned further processing aborted.
Line 37451: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37454: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37462: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37477: Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceSigned
Line 37477: ------------------------------
Line 37479: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37482: Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_TirolCeded
Line 37482: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 0 >>Sleeping<<
Line 37484: Too many occurences for event evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_TirolCeded further processing aborted.
Line 37489: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37498: SelectFaction, selected: Bavaria
Line 37499: SelectFaction, selected: Bavaria
Line 37608: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37609: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37612: SelectFaction, selected: Württemberg
Line 37619: Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_TirolCeded
Line 37619: ------------------------------
Line 37621: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37624: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37627: Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_VenetiaCeded
Line 37627: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 0 >>Sleeping<<
Line 37629: Too many occurences for event evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_VenetiaCeded further processing aborted.
Line 37634: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37639: SelectFaction, selected: Kingdom of Italy
Line 37640: SelectFaction, selected: Kingdom of Italy
Line 37644: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37648: SelectFaction, selected: Kingdom of Italy
Line 37728: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37729: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37733: Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_VenetiaCeded
Line 37733: ------------------------------
Line 37735: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37738: Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_WarIndemnitiesPaid
Line 37738: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 0 >>Sleeping<<
Line 37740: Too many occurences for event evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_WarIndemnitiesPaid further processing aborted.
Line 37742: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37743: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37750: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37751: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37754: Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_WarIndemnitiesPaid
Line 37754: ------------------------------
Line 37756: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37759: Started processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceDurationElapsed
Line 37759: Event already referenced, current occurences 0 Max allowed: 0 >>Sleeping<<
Line 37761: Too many occurences for event evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceDurationElapsed further processing aborted.
Line 37767: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37768: SelectFaction, selected: Austria
Line 37775: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37776: SelectFaction, selected: France
Line 37779: SelectFaction, selected: Bavaria
Line 37780: SelectFaction, selected: Bavaria
Line 37783: SelectFaction, selected: Kingdom of Italy
Line 37784: SelectFaction, selected: Kingdom of Italy
Line 37787: Finished processing event: evt_nam_AUS_PeaceOfPressburg_PeaceDurationElapsed

The main event triggered, but the ones implementing the peace did not.

[ATTACH]36904[/ATTACH]

Pocus

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:45 am

Everything should be fixed in the latest public patch, if you get a new bug on that, report again please.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Adam the VIth
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:45 am

Just a hunch, but new players (such as I) really don't know what the heck all the posted script means.

What is needed is a "how to implement the Treaty of Pressburg" post. For example, what I can tell:

Austria NM must be below 75
France needs to have 75 units (elements?) in Austria
Austria must not own Wien
France chooses Pressburg decree
etc.

but also guidance like "dont' accept a peace treaty offer from Austria in the regular diplomacy menu" -- or other "don'ts" that mess up the event path.

Then new players can make sure they are meeting these clearly stated objectives before they shout "it's not working".

It may be WAD, but players may be missing some scripted requirement that they don't know about and cannot infer from the posts of script.

Just a thought....

bjmorgan
Corporal

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:08 pm

Adam the VIth wrote:Just a hunch, but new players (such as I) really don't know what the heck all the posted script means.

What is needed is a "how to implement the Treaty of Pressburg" post. For example, what I can tell:

Austria NM must be below 75
France needs to have 75 units (elements?) in Austria
Austria must not own Wien
France chooses Pressburg decree
etc.

but also guidance like "dont' accept a peace treaty offer from Austria in the regular diplomacy menu" -- or other "don'ts" that mess up the event path.

Then new players can make sure they are meeting these clearly stated objectives before they shout "it's not working".

It may be WAD, but players may be missing some scripted requirement that they don't know about and cannot infer from the posts of script.

Just a thought....

It seems that all of the other decrees are locked until their conditions are met, why not this one? I thought that's what computers were for, to keep track of the details.

Montbrun
Major

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:47 pm

Treaty of Pressburg is NOT accepted by Austria in the latest January 13th Beta Patch.

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:12 pm

Maybe I'm not understanding something fundamental to how this process is supposed to work, but can't we just fix the major historical peace pacts (Pressburg, Tilsit, Schonbrunn, etc.) by NOT making it a matter of offering the defeated AI a deal it must accept (something that continues to prove itself problematic), but rather an event that is automatically fired when the player meets the conditions, selects the event from the F4 screen, and pays the EP cost? Why can't it just fire as a massive event in one turn, complete with war indemnity, WSU, and horse gains for the victor (when applicable), foreign access given to the victor for a limited time to give them the ability to move out of the conquered territory, VP gain for the victor, and historical territories automatically given to the proper state that gained them? Can't this just be written into one massive event that fires once the player meets the conditions and selects it from the F4 screen? What am I missing? Because I feel like I must be missing something, apparently.

Just my two cents.

MJ

Montbrun
Major

Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:35 pm

MarshalJean wrote:Maybe I'm not understanding something fundamental to how this process is supposed to work, but can't we just fix the major historical peace pacts (Pressburg, Tilsit, Schonbrunn, etc.) by NOT making it a matter of offering the defeated AI a deal it must accept (something that continues to prove itself problematic), but rather an event that is automatically fired when the player meets the conditions, selects the event from the F4 screen, and pays the EP cost? Why can't it just fire as a massive event in one turn, complete with war indemnity, WSU, and horse gains for the victor (when applicable), foreign access given to the victor for a limited time to give them the ability to move out of the conquered territory, VP gain for the victor, and historical territories automatically given to the proper state that gained them? Can't this just be written into one massive event that fires once the player meets the conditions and selects it from the F4 screen? What am I missing? Because I feel like I must be missing something, apparently.

Just my two cents.

MJ

That's exactly how it's supposed to work.

Nico165
Lieutenant

Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Montbrun wrote:That's exactly how it's supposed to work.

Not really. What's in the events is this :

1) France has to launch the process
2) Austria has to accept it
3) A few turns later, other events have to fire to implement the treaty

Which does make sense when you look what happened historically. The negociations took 22 days. The problem is that it is difficult to understand if you don't know both history and how the game engine work. Plus it's not 100% working yet.

MarshalJean
Lieutenant

Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:40 pm

Right, so my understanding of how it has been designed to work is as Nico said. I guess my point is, for the sake of fixing the game rather than having something take 22 days because that's how long it took historically, couldn't the devs just force the event to fire en toto once the conditions are met and the player activates the option with EPs? Couldn't this easily be added for all these peace events in the next patch? Wouldn't that fix everything? It just seems to me the process needs to be streamlined rather than being dependent on the AI, as it is, because the engine is obviously not handling it, as several attempts to fix it have proven.

samba_liten
Sergeant

Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:49 pm

For the record, the peace didn't fire correctly in my January campaign. I had to load the save as Austria (9 turns after selecting the event) and accept the peace. Once that was done the transfer of territory etc happened the very next turn.

Papa Thomas
Corporal

Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:24 am

Playing in Jan 13 beta. Playing as France, the date is Aug 13, 1805. I have conquered Wein, My NM is 179, Austria's NM is 46. I have the Grande Armee and all corps + Massena's army in Austria so that should fill the troop numbers.

But Pressburg decree did not fire???

[ATTACH]37037[/ATTACH]
Attachments
WoN Beta Jan 13, Pressburg.zip
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 134 times

picaron

Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:49 am

Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”