bstarr72
Conscript

modding question

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:47 pm

I’ve done a bit of modding before but it was always with games that had a built in modding feature like War in the Pacific, so honestly, not unlike Jon Snow, I know nothing. I’d like to start out by simply changing a few of the regimental names, not in the Events but in the GameData/setup if that’s possible. I’d like to do a little unimportant cosmetic work just get used to modding, stuff like getting rid of the 5th and 6th Austrian regiments and move some of the French regiments that weren’t active in the Napoleonic era to where they appear after the ones that were active in the era, etc. What I really need to know is how do I make these changes stick. I seem to be able to make the changes in the files using notepad but the changes don't appear in the game.

Also any other advise would be appreciated.

Thanks, Byron

bstarr72
Conscript

Re: modding question

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:49 pm

What I really need to know is how do I make these changes stick. I seem to be able to make the changes in the files but they appear the same in the game.

delcastel
Lieutenant

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:22 am

J'ai jamais fait sur ce jeu mais en général une fois les modifications faite et enregistré, il faut supprimé le fichier cache unit, au chargement du jeu un nouveau fichier cache unit sera généré avec tes modification.

bstarr72
Conscript

Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:09 am

Merci, I'll give it a try

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”