Cyrano
Conscript

Tilsit

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:56 pm

How long does it take for Tilsit to fire?

I've offered it to the Prussians, next turn says the peace talks are ongoing and then the turn after that nothing. Does it take another turn or two for the Prusians to accept?

Thx

lodilefty

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:25 pm

If the Prussians are AI, it should respond the next turn after you offer.

Are you running Public Beta Jan 19?
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?41773-gt-Public-beta-patch-1-02-January-19th-version-lt&p=363486&viewfull=1#post363486

Please zip and upload the entire contents of your \Scripts folder....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Cyrano
Conscript

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:58 pm

Yes I'm playing with the public beta Jan 19 patch.

After a few attempts I tried switching to the Prussian side to accept Tilsit.

I think the issue might be because I declared war on Prussia and Russia is not involved in this war. I say this because after sending the offer to Prussia I switched sides to accept it. The Prussian f4 option was to accept the offer but as a peace treaty with Russia. France would get some Islands and cash. Seems as though the AI is conflicted.

Papa Thomas
Corporal

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:52 pm

Playing Jan 19 Beta as France. Tilsit event fired for both Prussia and Russia peace. I enacted the decree for both countires and the event showed in event messages, however neither country accepts the peace similar to the previous problem with Pressburg.
[ATTACH]37164[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Beta 19 Tilist.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 207 times

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:58 am

Papa Thomas wrote:Playing Jan 19 Beta as France. Tilsit event fired for both Prussia and Russia peace. I enacted the decree for both countires and the event showed in event messages, however neither country accepts the peace similar to the previous problem with Pressburg.
[ATTACH]37164[/ATTACH]

I really think those historical peaces should be french only events : They should be tools at the french (player or AI)'s disposition to impose a peace on another country as per history and prevent a war from dragging on. The idea would be that should the French want to utterly trash Austria and annex more territory for example, well they risk the war dragging on because Austria does'nt want to sign, and the risk is of being back stabbed by Prussia for example. But with this tool the french player can force the outcome quickly : trash Austria, rush to Wien, impose Pressburg, before the Prussians have had time to put hurt on you.

In PBEM those events could prove very useful in preventing an efficient "ganging up on France" strategy à la EiA because if France can knock Austria off quickly by rushing to Wien and imposing Pressburg, it has a year of imposed peace on the Austrian side during which it can wage war with others. Same for Tilsit, Schönnbrunn and other possible peace events I don't know about yet.

And it would simplify everything and require less work cleaning up the events : make the instantaneous and french imposed, and move on to improving the diplomatic engine to allow transfer of provinces, more efficient peace negociations, etc.

Captain_Orso

Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:18 pm

Sounds rather bias to me. Why should France have all the advantages, including being able to not only dictate the treaty, but to dictate the signing of the treaty too?

lodilefty

Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Papa Thomas wrote:Playing Jan 19 Beta as France. Tilsit event fired for both Prussia and Russia peace. I enacted the decree for both countires and the event showed in event messages, however neither country accepts the peace similar to the previous problem with Pressburg.
[ATTACH]37164[/ATTACH]

Excellent! Bugs found and fixed! Added to next patch

For the technically inclined, and an excellent example of a logical bug that is unlikely to be found by any "script checking super tool" or "improved database":
The PRU [and RUS] AI were testing to see if the Accept Treaty Option had already been chosen, with the action being to choose the option!!!!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:Sounds rather bias to me. Why should France have all the advantages, including being able to not only dictate the treaty, but to dictate the signing of the treaty too?

The "historical" treaties are absurd in a way in a context of an open game. The point to me is that if they are in game is to reflect that a certain point in a war has been reached where the historical treaty is a reasonable outcome that takes into account the fact that powers at the time (Austria, Prussia, Russia) weren't into "total war" and would yield if defeated. Later on (1812 onwards irl) the situation changed and the russians let Napoleon get all the way to Moscow without signing a peace, etc.

To me either we don't have the historical peace treaties or if we do, there are there to ensure that no "permanent state of war" happens were the Austrian player knows all he has to do is run away and wait before Prussia and Russia help him get rid of Nappy. imho of course.

Captain_Orso

Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:22 pm

lodilefty wrote:Excellent! Bugs found and fixed! Added to next patch

For the technically inclined, and an excellent example of a logical bug that is unlikely to be found by any "script checking super tool" or "improved database":
The PRU [and RUS] AI were testing to see if the Accept Treaty Option had already been chosen, with the action being to choose the option!!!!

Sounds like Catch-22 :blink:

Papa Thomas
Corporal

Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Thank you Lodilefty and Orso

Papa Thomas
Corporal

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Another problem with Tilsit peace I tried to load game as Prussia to force the Tilsit peace decree and the option for Prussia is the Russian peace option. I think it is grabbing the Russian script and not the Prussian one.

lodilefty

Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Papa Thomas wrote:Another problem with Tilsit peace I tried to load game as Prussia to force the Tilsit peace decree and the option for Prussia is the Russian peace option. I think it is grabbing the Russian script and not the Prussian one.

Nothing obvious in the code, so
I'll need saved game to easier understand what you are seeing.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Papa Thomas
Corporal

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:07 pm

[ATTACH]37281[/ATTACH]

Open game as France, choose Tilsit event for Prussia. Advance a turn then open game as Prussia and look at Tilsit event and you will see its the Russian version.
Attachments
Beta 19 Tilist.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 163 times

Mimii2
Corporal

Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:07 am

i had it too... prussia never answer because it has "russian tilsit card". I force the answer playing prussia and then france has tilsit peace with russia.... i evacuated all prussia country getting russian territory...
i think its only several code line to fix. If u tell me which i could repair by myself. Can u tell me which one so prussia can have prussian tilsit and not russian tilsit.. thx

Mimii2
Corporal

Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:52 pm

Mimii2 wrote:i had it too... prussia never answer because it has "russian tilsit card". I force the answer playing prussia and then france has tilsit peace with russia.... i evacuated all prussia country getting russian territory...
i think its only several code line to fix. If u tell me which i could repair by myself. Can u tell me which one so prussia can have prussian tilsit and not russian tilsit.. thx

Je vais le faire en français ça sera plus facile.
Je pense que la paix de tilsit est tjrs buggue. Jouant la France je propose la paix aux prussiens anéanti. Le tour d après j ai le message comme quoi la Russie a accepté la paix et me laisse Corfu. Sauf que en fait c la Prusse qui est en paix avec moi, mais elle n a cédé aucun territoire (une belle paix blanche pour eux !!!!) et je suis tjrs en guerre avec la Russie qui n a pas laissé corfu loool. J ai vérifié l option paix de tilsit avec les prussien génère chez les prussien l option paix de tilsit russe!!!! Dc ils répondent bien mais avec une carte qui n'est pas de leur nationalité... Je pense que c qq lignes de codes pru/rus qui se sont mélangees. Pourriez vous me dire ou modifier pour que je puisse avancer sans attendre le prochain patch!
Rien a voir mais pour info qd on écrase la Saxe avec les fr et qu elle change de camp c est la fr qui donne le libre passage et pas la Saxe. Du coup les armées fr sont déplacées un peu partout....

lodilefty

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:19 pm

Papa Thomas wrote:[ATTACH]37281[/ATTACH]

Open game as France, choose Tilsit event for Prussia. Advance a turn then open game as Prussia and look at Tilsit event and you will see its the Russian version.

I ran the turn both with and without AI on

With AI, WAD, and both PRU and RUS AI accepted.

Without AI, WAD, both PRU and RUS have the correct options shown.

however, inspection of the hst file indicates NGC 1.02 Public Beta, Jan19-2016....so you may not have the Feb 4 patch installed. Look in your !MainLog.txt
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:44 pm

lodilefty wrote:I ran the turn both with and without AI on

With AI, WAD, and both PRU and RUS AI accepted.

Without AI, WAD, both PRU and RUS have the correct options shown.

however, inspection of the hst file indicates NGC 1.02 Public Beta, Jan19-2016....so you may not have the Feb 4 patch installed. Look in your !MainLog.txt

However, I did find and fix erroneous text in the "Notification text" for PRU, which was describing the RUS treaty effects.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

BruceASinger@gmail.com
Captain

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:53 pm

lodilefty wrote:However, I did find and fix erroneous text in the "Notification text" for PRU, which was describing the RUS treaty effects.

Thank you for all your hard work to make this game great.

xaviersr
Conscript

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:55 am

With Feb 4th patch, Tilsit treaty don't work. Prussia accepted the peace, but one turn after Magdebourg, Hamburg and Ionian Island still on Prussian/Russian hands. Russia still at war. Can you find a solution?
[ATTACH]37460[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Backup1.rar
(942.09 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

lodilefty

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:15 pm

xaviersr wrote:With Feb 4th patch, Tilsit treaty don't work. Prussia accepted the peace, but one turn after Magdebourg, Hamburg and Ionian Island still on Prussian/Russian hands. Russia still at war. Can you find a solution?
[ATTACH]37460[/ATTACH]

The transfers occur after 3 turns....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:53 pm

In your save, you have not yet selected the Option as FRA, and so nothing else has happened.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”