Lindi
General

I.A. Diplomacy. Question

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi,

I have a question for I.A. Diplomacy. I play French and in the first year I see Prussia and Austria declare war to Bavaria. (Austria two time same, one after I win againts when I go Defence Bavaria now, so the peace stop me for new help Bavaria...).

But my question is, the IA option for more agressif or normal, me is normal if I do defence set for IA he declare less war?

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:43 am

Lindi wrote:Hi,

I have a question for I.A. Diplomacy. I play French and in the first year I see Prussia and Austria declare war to Bavaria. (Austria two time same, one after I win againts when I go Defence Bavaria now, so the peace stop me for new help Bavaria...).

But my question is, the IA option for more agressif or normal, me is normal if I do defence set for IA he declare less war?

Hi there. There are known issues to be fixed in terms of how defensive alliances work + over aggressiveness towards minors.

Diplomacy is really a field where a simpler more fonctional system similar to the 15 year old Europa Universalis II game would do wonder to the game : when an ally of yours get's attacked (green hand), you should get a red alert message with a Yes / No choice asking whether you go to war to support your ally or not and if not that you will get VPs/NMS/relationship penalties. If the ally is a "full ally" (green hand with the golden star, part of your alliance), if he is dowed your counter dowing should be automatic imho.

Anyway my point is that there is sadly no really proper working solution at this stage.

Captain_Orso

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:37 am

Lindi wrote:Hi,

Hi Lindi,

Which patch level do you have installed, and are you playing on?

Which campaign are you playing?

In the Sept. '05 Campaign, Austria starts at war with Bavaria and Prussia is neutral to everybody.

As far as I know, since Bavaria is a minor nation, the major powers may always declare a DoW without a Causus Belli; but since there is a Defensive Treaty between France and Bavaria, France would immediately be drawn into the conflict.

The same goes for Prussia.

If after France has forced a peace with Austria or Prussia--or both--, and either of them attacks any nation with which France has a Defensive Treaty, that attack should cause a DoW between France and the attacking nation. If that is not occurring, something is wrong and you should at lease archive '..\Saves\{scenario}', '..\Logs', and '..\Scripts' in case Pocus wants to see them.

Lindi wrote:But my question is, the IA option for more agressif or normal, me is normal if I do defence set for IA he declare less war?

I honestly cannot say.

If either nation is attacking Frances satellites while bound by treaty to not attack France, that sounds like a bug to me; but I'm not completely sure.

Lindi
General

Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:59 pm

1.011 for version, but for war yes I have Causus Belli, but I have also a Treaty of peace with Austria... and the power of Austria compare to me is 12 or less xD (I lose more troop in move vs fight now)

For Scenario is the begin of 1805

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”