pantsukki
Brigadier General

Alignment in (liberated) Belgian provinces

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:25 pm

As the Western Entente I've advanced past Belgium to the banks of the Rhein, yet the alignment in Belgian provinces remains 100% Central Powers. After liberation shouldn't their alignment default to the Entente if they've been held for a little while?

Durk

Re: Alignment in (liberated) Belgian provinces

Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:38 am

I think after initial invasions, loyalty determines alignment - that is, either loyalty of the capital or average loyalty.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 pm

But since the loyalty of the provinces becomes 100 % CP after the "Rape" event the Belgian provinces are massively pro-Central, despite me liberating them months ago. Shouldn't they flip back to 100% Entente after being controlled by the Entente for some time?

Nikel

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Have you checked what is said in p.80 of the manual? Perhaps you had bad luck in the checks in certain areas.

Military influencing alignment

Over time, Martial Law imposed by the occupant will slowly shift a region’s Alignment in his favour. This is particularly true if a leader with the “Occupier” Special Ability is present, but the process remains a slow one. The only way to really get population to stop supporting their side is to demoralise the enemy by capturing Strategic Cities.

Each time this happens, the bad news triggers a wave of Alignment Checks across the map depending on the distance:

• One check for each Strategic City on the map
• One check for each region with a Strategic City in the Area
• One check for each adjacent region

Note: The news spread faster in large cities, and their psychological impact is highly influenced by proximity. Conversely, remote areas are less volatile in their loyalties

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:16 pm

My point is that Belgium is a special case. The CP gets 100 % loyalty automatically through the "Rape" event. It seems illogical that this isn't reversed even after the whole nation has been liberated for many months - why would they remain loyal to the Central Powers?

Return to “Help improve EAW”