pantsukki
Brigadier General

Romania

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:23 pm

In our current PBEM game Russia has advanced deep into Hungary and taken most of Transilvania. Also Bulgaria (part of CP) is most likely empty of troops, as their army is fighting in Serbia and Turkey. Shouldn't Romania in this situation be more inclined to join the Entente and rush to claim territory? I think that there should be some sort of garrison requirement for Bulgaria and also the situation in the fight between A-H and Russia should affect Romania's alignment.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Re: Romania

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Ok, capture of Budapest shifts Romania +10 towards the Entente. But shouldn't progress in Transylvania also affect their alignment, especially if Bulgaria is emptied of troops?

Nikel

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Not precisely an expert, but this aspect of the game seems to be handled in the file:

WW1_Diplomacy_Misc.sct

The fall of Vienna will give another 10, and the fall of Paris 20 for the CPs.

So Bucharest government only bets on winning horses :mdr:

In this case you could add 5 (for example) after the fall of Hermannstadt and Klausenburg (most important cities in Hapsburg's Principality of Transylvania).

Historically after the dead of King Carol (Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen and pro CPs), Romania just waited for an opportunity to gain territory. Some options affecting one side and the other could be added.

The game is old, and we are in the happy world of modders, I am searching for one, but nobody volunteers :siffle:

Just curiosity, is it a three humans game? The CPs seem to be in a very difficult situation.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:11 pm

I'm controlling the full Entente against my friend (CP). It's his first full campaign, and, uh, things haven't gone quite as they did in real life :siffle:

I managed to encircle and destroy significant German forces in Northern France, thus gaining the upper hand.

Nikel

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:04 pm

Ah, you could have role-played a bit to simulate bad coordination between the Entente Powers.

You know, more difficult, more fun ;)

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:25 am

Yeah, I should've maybe given him the Entente, but I figured that it's simpler to control the CP. Hopefully we can have a rematch with reversed sides after this.

Return to “Help improve EAW”