epaminondas
Colonel

Ship classification

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:37 am

A small point in the general scheme of things, but the OoB for Germany's Asian naval squadron (von Spee) is way incorrect. The major elements there (Scharnhorst and Gneisenau) are represented as "Reconnaissance" Cruisers when in fact they were state of the art Armoured Cruisers (well at least as state of the art as armoured cruisers ever got).

On the broader level, the combat weights of pretty much all of the naval classes need attention. I'm seeing, for example, a couple of British battlecruisers and three armoured cruisers defeating four Austrian dreadnoughts. In the words of Lawrence Wright, "Not likely!"

czert2
Brigadier General

Re: Ship classification

Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:00 pm

nice catch, and i will add mine, where is famous cruiser aurora ? tried to catch here, but no succes.
And that remind me of old joke.
lenin at meeting with his co-revolunitianaries in 1917 at st. peterburg is asking "where is naval captain nikolsky ?
he taken vacation and gone fishing.
damit, thats bad, we have to cancel revolution
why ? you cant do revolution without him ?
without him ? yes. without aurora ? no.

epaminondas
Colonel

Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:31 pm

Aurora is in there somewhere. I recall sinking her in a recent playthrough and wondering if I could also take out the Potemkin.

Nikel

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:44 pm

The Aurora is in the game as a Light Cruiser as part of the the Baltic Fleet in Rewal Port (modern Tallinn) in Estonia.

czert2
Brigadier General

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:40 pm

yeah, finded it later. but find another issue - booth palaldia and aurora were booth same cruser class IIRC, but in game they are different classes.

Nikel

Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:27 pm

According to Conway reference:

The Pallada (if you meant that) was an armored cruiser, Bayan Class (with Admiral Makarov and Bayan, a previous Bayan lost in Russo-japanese War).

The Aurora, a cruiser of the Pallada Class (with Diana, Pallada lost in Russo-japanese War).

czert2
Brigadier General

Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:02 pm

yeah, you got name right :), and yes i simply asumed that aurora was same class as pallada, they have to be same class in game, didnt thought that original pallada should be allready lost and replaced with namelike of different class.
so looks everthing is ok.

Return to “Help improve EAW”