Ganbatte
Sergeant

Zeppelintransport, Airplanetransport And Armytransport.....

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:53 am

Hi all,

why i can't plan the transport from airplanes or zeppelins through the air in EAW?

Good I must construct Airbases, this will be cost time, but this bases are fieldbases......
An plane fligh faster than a transport by train, or moves them trough marshes......
Could this transportation still adjust?

Through which key, the army movement times are setting?

These times seem to me sometimes a little high...

Greetings

Michael

vonSchweinehund
Conscript

Re: Zeppelintransport, Airplanetransport And Armytransport.....

Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:45 pm

Hi, you can use the "redeploy" option in "special orders" to set up the bases faster at a cost of cohesion.

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: Zeppelintransport, Airplanetransport And Armytransport.....

Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:10 am

Hi Michael, welcome to the boards.

As far as I know, and it's not a lot, aircraft units were in fact transported mainly by train. That was because it was not only the aircraft that needed to be re-located but also the support elements needed to put them into the air. The forward field bases still required spare parts and repair facilities, fuel and munitions supplies, ground crew and other staff such as cooks and medical personnel, and accommodation in which to keep both people and planes out of the weather. That's not the sort of stuff you can tuck behind you in your SE.5 and tootle off to places new.

In that regard, I believe that the "Flying Circus" was first called such because of its resemblance to a circus striking its tents, loading everything onto the rails, and moving on.

Return to “Help improve EAW”