ajarnlance
General of the Army

Evasion values are set too high...

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Whether its in the shipping box where the log tells me I have a 0% chance of engaging a british sub or whether it is my own supply unit shown below... the evasion values are set too high. The log tells me my supply unit which is cohesionless, cut off from my other forces and surrounded by enemies has a 95% chance of evasion... come on.. and don't even get me started on how difficult it is to finish off surrounded enemy armies who have been cut off from their supply base for two months!!

[ATTACH]32543[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]32544[/ATTACH]
Attachments
supply ev 2.png
supply evasion.png
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Pocus

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:05 pm

This might be also some parameters not taken into considerations whereas they should have, although I'm not saying that revising evasion values is not warranted, perhaps in this case wagons have a too high value anyway.

This will be too late for the 1.02 public beta patch that will be released in 10 mn, but for the next, evasion and patrol will be in prorata to your current cohesion. So if you are cohesionless, then your evasion will be close to 1.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ajarnlance
General of the Army

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Pocus wrote:This might be also some parameters not taken into considerations whereas they should have, although I'm not saying that revising evasion values is not warranted, perhaps in this case wagons have a too high value anyway.

This will be too late for the 1.02 public beta patch that will be released in 10 mn, but for the next, evasion and patrol will be in prorata to your current cohesion. So if you are cohesionless, then your evasion will be close to 1.

Yes, linking evasion to cohesion seems like a good solution. It will also make it easier to engage surrounded enemies... and to catch raiders... currently raiding is a bit too similar to CW2... seems like it should be more difficult to operate behind enemy lines (especially on the western front) during this time period. Thanks!
"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union... and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for its preservation." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Check out my 'To End All Wars' AAR: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38262-The-Kaiser-report-the-CP-side-of-the-war-against-Jinx-and-PJL

Return to “Help improve EAW”