HidekiTojo
Colonel

The Happening, French Army Style

Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:28 am

I have gotten my first major victory ever a little while ago. It came from the entire French Army hurling itself at Festung Metz. At first I thought that this particular campaign the Western Entente decided decided that killing TWO entire Armies worth of units was worth going after German Royalty.

However when it happened again, and again, and again.....I suspected something foul was in the air, and it wasn't the hundreds of thousands of digital French corpses lying in front on the Fortress of Metz.

Currently playing the Historical campaign as CP is impossible due to this behavior, total victory happened within two months!

Have the Second and Third army commanders been hitting the wine a little too hard? :eyebrow:

Or was M. Night Shymalan right and the plants decided to strike back against pollution by causing hundreds of thousands of French soldiers to hurl themselves into absolutely certain doom? :sherlock:

Moltke was probably just like :rofl:

How can we address this bug? If it is something that can be manually corrected then I for one am willing to do it without needing a patch.

We must restore the glory of (digital) French Arms! :gardavou:
TEAW Beta Team

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:12 am

Also for me RC9 has been working much better, faster turnover, this bug isn't present IIRC, overall the game is smoother.

Is it possible to post a link to 1.10 RC9?

For now it is an excellent fallback for people playing Central Powers :bonk:
TEAW Beta Team

Pocus

Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:58 am

Checking that...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Have you found out what is causing it? Any way to fix it easily?
TEAW Beta Team

Pocus

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:22 am

If the French are using the historical warplan, they will probably attack as you describe, but for at most 4 turns. You can also try to play with the July start with some randomness in the warplans.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

HidekiTojo
Colonel

Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:55 am

Im just bringing this up because it happened to me many times in a row, although only once did it raise my NM by 15 resulting in an instant Major Victory.

What truly made me post this here was when a number of other people have mentioned this behavior, calling it a bug. :bonk:

I specifically refer to a thread I made in the general discussion board here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?38330-First-Major-Victory-In-Any-AGEOD-Game!!&highlight=
TEAW Beta Team

Return to “Help improve EAW”